Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the stock Chain size for 03' 636?

520 or 525?

I am going to change down 1 tooth in my front sprocket soon and I see they make them for 520 and 525 so if anyone can help me out on what it is stock let me know! thanks!

[email protected]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably somewhere... but I am not that smart to look... well, I am semi smart, i was going to ask what size our stock sprocket is in the rear but then I decided to look for a number first.... lol

·
Registered
934 Posts
Originally posted by GreenEnvy
03 uses a 520 chain
00-02 is 525
Originally posted by Rob Lee
The stock chain on the new bike has size 525, which is stamped on each link.
Moderator vs. Board Owner... Which is it guys? ;) j/k

Is the chain size always stamped on each link?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I mistyped.

The stock chain on the new bike has size 520. If you push the search button, you will see I have said that many times.

It is also stamped 108 times on your own chain.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Bah, there'll be no talk of Rob Lee slippin' around these parts my friend.

Rob is still the sharpest bike mind on the planet. He just needs a new keyboard is all. Damn 0 key sometimes types out a 5 for some strange reason.

See, you KNEW there had to be a logical explanation. Now you know better than to ever accuse our very own two-wheeled mastermind of "slipping". Cheers.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just had a parts ordering problem. I knew that I have a 520 chain and sproket stock, and I wanted to go up 3 in the back. They sent me a 525 rear. All the new computer programs still read for a 03 636 that it is a 525 stock. Be careful when ordering. By the way.. changing from a 15-40 to a 15-43 is a good noticeable difference. Better wheelies and better acceleration coming out the hole and out of corners!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya, this bike is geared very differently for top speed... that 40 tooth rear sprocket is a killer... R6's and others are running 48 rear stock!!! This thing has a lot more room to go with the sprocket change!

Crazy... How much is your speedo affected now?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You cannot compare the stock sprockets on your bike with those on other bikes. Its sprockets are chosen to suit its internal gear ratios, which are quite different than those of the R6.

A +3t rear sprocket will make the speedo read 7.5% higher, but it was inaccurate before the change.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
With your speed calculator.. then I would be able to know what the speed really is when it reads 80mph at 7000 rpms or whatever huh?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Originally posted by Wheelie2Extreme
With your speed calculator.. then I would be able to know what the speed really is when it reads 80mph at 7000 rpms or whatever huh?
The speed calculator isn't exact as there is so much more that goes into it, but if you give it the right tire size, it'll be really close.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.