Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what everyone else uses on their chains but I use wax on mine, find that grease flicks around to much. Anyways, I bought this new type (cannot remember the name, I'll check later) and the dealership swears by it and says it is good but it is really messy. The kind I used before was clear and when sprayed on the chain there was virtually no residue visibly left on the chain. But this new stuff is white and covers the chain and makes it look really messy and ugly. Plus the stuff is hard to whip off, especially if it gets all over the sprocket or rim. Anyone know how to remove this stuff or some better techniques to applying it so I don't have a huge mess on my hands? Or some alternates for lubing the chain?

N

·
0 Posts
WD-40 takes grease right off

a lot of people here use maxima (i think thats the brand) chain wax. good stuff.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The Maxima I just ordered is waiting on my front porch when I get home. I'll let you know how it works...I've heard all good things from other members.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
it's leaving a white/blue film? Probably BelRay SuperClean

·
Registered
634 Posts
Maxima for me was pretty messy. Didn't like it to much. I use PJ1 Blue Label and its the best stuff ever for me. Its clear and doesn't fling off like Maxima. Try it out dude, it works.

·
Registered
857 Posts
sounds like your using belray chain lube...ive herd good things about dupont chain lube it has teflon and goes on filmy aparently but dries to clear suposed to work great to bad we don;t have it in canada some fellow riders here have imported some...

·
Registered
604 Posts
I've also heard good things about dupont's lube but have got tried it out yet. I currently use PJ1 and have had no problems at all with it except the smell. it goes on clear, sticks well and doesn't fling.

I clean and lube every 500 miles and do a quick lube every 250.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I currently use the dupont chain lube and it's great. Dries pretty quickly, haven't had a fling off problem yet. Dries clear so you dont see it and doesn't attract dirt as it says. Haven't tried cleaning my chain yet but I bet it comes off just as easy as anything else.

What do most people use to clean their chain? A buddy of mine just uses carb cleaner (that shit cleanes anything) but I don't know if that would be the best idea with the chain seals. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.