Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Can Some One Shed A Little Light On Why A Chain Would Kink Up After 7 Thousand Miles. I Have A 2006 Zx10
Did you clean and lube the chain regularly? You might also want to check the chain slack and adjust as req'd, your owner's manual will tell you what you should have for chain slack.

·
Pursebully
38,902 Posts
Neglect.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
funny- i was cleaning my chain for the first time yesterday. 2300 on it.. Neglect i know.. I lubed it only at around 1300. I'm going to get into the habit of better chain care.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
after snapping a chain and busting my case on a RC51 i am a diehard cleaner and lubing master of chains.
since then chains are always lubed and working as god intended

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
well to be honest i was deployed for a year put a good coat of lube on it before i left, took it for a ride when i came home real short and was planning on changing it out the next day BUT it was like snappy snap snap...it was a did ervIII 520...shit happens

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
Heat and exposure to water is what makes them kink and bind. Neglet is the #1 reason they are suseptible to moisture and maladjustment causes heat.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Heat and exposure to water is what makes them kink and bind. Neglet is the #1 reason they are suseptible to moisture and maladjustment causes heat.
Fack the chain, That turbo is hot as hell??????? I check chain slack and lubrication almost every ride. I know it seems a bit excessive but it's better than a broken case or worse yet, a broken body..

·
Registered
262 Posts
Fack the chain, That turbo is hot as hell??????? I check chain slack and lubrication almost every ride. I know it seems a bit excessive but it's better than a broken case or worse yet, a broken body..

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
Double post. lol. You can never check your chain too often. Chain, tires, fuel, and oil leaks are all good daily checks.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts