Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got me a set of Champs chain adjusters. i have to say the quality is probably better if not just as good as the Gillies. The design is better than the Gillies because i hear the Gillies are flawed in how they worked with the axle. Not to mention the champs are much cheapier. i paid $130 Shipped and they come in black or gold. About half the price you would pay for the Gillies

Attachments

·
Banned
347 Posts
I also bought a set of CHAMPS chain adjusters and the new CHAMP GP lifters. Awesome except for 1 problem.

I keep my bike stored on my Handy airlift and the lift is NOT long enough to allow the use of the Pit Bull stand when using the GP lifters. So I have to keep my swingarm spools on instead. Since I can't use the GP lifters (55.00 a set) I really have no need for the chain adjusters, which is why I bought them to use with the lifters.

The design is superior to GILLES because the adjusting block slides on the adjuster rails locking them in tight when the axel is tightened down. Far better design.

I have a $185.00 in mine. BLACK adjusters and BLACK GP lifters. Fits 04-08 ZX10R.

4 Sale for $95.00 shipped. Killer Deal. Slightly used but in mint condition. If I wasn't keeping my bike on the Handy lift I would be keeping them.

email; [email protected]t

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man that's a killer deal. Someone gonna snatch those up quick. Also ur saying its not worth getting the raisers? I have a pitbull stand. So the raisers won't work on the pitbull stands?

·
Banned
347 Posts
Man that's a killer deal. Someone gonna snatch those up quick. Also ur saying its not worth getting the raisers? I have a pitbull stand. So the raisers won't work on the pitbull stands?

YES Champs new GP lifters bolt right on and work perfect with a Pit Bull stand as long as the bike isnt up on an air lift table. And since most people dont have one of those, not a problem for ya.

I have a Handy air lift table in my basement shop and keep my bike on it when not riding it, but the GP lifters are several inches further back than where the swingarm spools are and the table isnt long enough to use my pit bull with the GP lifters while up on the lift table.

YES, get the Champs GP lifters, for 55 bucks shipped you will be glad you did. They come with the bolts and spacers and bolt right on and work perfect with put bull stand.

JJ

·
Banned
347 Posts
This is why I can't use the GP Lifters. I would have to move the stand further back to behind the rear of the swingarm where the GP lifters attach and it would fall off the end of my lift. Otherwise the GP Lifters work perfect if on the garage floor, but I keep my bike stored on the lift.

JJ

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is why I can't use the GP Lifters. I would have to move the stand further back to behind the rear of the swingarm where the GP lifters attach and it would fall off the end of my lift. Otherwise the GP Lifters work perfect if on the garage floor, but I keep my bike stored on the lift.

JJ
how much would u self the lifters for?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts

JJ
All you need is the Pitbull forward Arm w/standard adapters. Then you can use the GP lift on your Air-lift.........

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
hey reeper if you want to split the cost on these somehow let me know as i would like the adjusters WITHOUT the liftters as i use the attack kawasaki lifters and a front arm style pit bull lift, makes life easy after comign in off the track with all the gear on.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
hey reeper if you want to split the cost on these somehow let me know as i would like the adjusters WITHOUT the liftters as i use the attack kawasaki lifters and a front arm style pit bull lift, makes life easy after comign in off the track with all the gear on.
If the CHAMP GP lifters are the same mount as the Gilles, I'll split the cost with you. I need new Lifters, but I have the Gilles.

·
Banned
347 Posts
All you need is the Pitbull forward Arm w/standard adapters. Then you can use the GP lift on your Air-lift.........

NOPE, good try though. The Handy lift isn't wide enough and the forward arm would fall off the side. I bought one to use like that, then sold the stand. Thats was a great stand though, the one that has the arm going forward. Highly recommmend if space behind the bike is limited, like in an apartment, Ha ha and is what the buyer bought it from me for.

I still have these Champs Chain adjusters and GP Lifters for $95.00 shipped. Will probably put them on eBay by the weekend. Thought I had them sold but I didn't understand the payment scheme the buyer wanted to use so I balked with him. I use Paypal, simple, never a problem.

If I didn't store my bike on my Handy Lift, as pictured, I would love these parts, far better design than Gilles.

JJ

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
NOPE, good try though. The Handy lift isn't wide enough and the forward arm would fall off the side. I bought one to use like that, then sold the stand. Thats was a great stand though, the one that has the arm going forward. Highly recommmend if space behind the bike is limited, like in an apartment, Ha ha and is what the buyer bought it from me for.

I still have these Champs Chain adjusters and GP Lifters for $95.00 shipped. Will probably put them on eBay by the weekend. Thought I had them sold but I didn't understand the payment scheme the buyer wanted to use so I balked with him. I use Paypal, simple, never a problem.

If I didn't store my bike on my Handy Lift, as pictured, I would love these parts, far better design than Gilles.

JJ
sold! will pp you right now.

thanks
anthony

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
thanks kenneth, sent payment

what else you got for sale?

thanks
anthony

·
Banned
347 Posts
thanks kenneth, sent payment

what else you got for sale?

thanks
anthony

YES indeed I got the payment and sent you an email confirming it. They will ship Friday and Friday night I will email you the tracking #.

These are very nice pieces.

I have 08 black lowers, (MINT) both sides, a box of new Titanium bolts that will work on most Kawi models.

I have a bunch of stuff I am going to list on ebay. I will email you the links to your Paypal address when I get them up.

JJ

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
YES indeed I got the payment and sent you an email confirming it. They will ship Friday and Friday night I will email you the tracking #.

These are very nice pieces.

I have 08 black lowers, (MINT) both sides, a box of new Titanium bolts that will work on most Kawi models.

I have a bunch of stuff I am going to list on ebay. I will email you the links to your Paypal address when I get them up.

JJ
the Ti bolts a complete bike kit ? if not what do they replace? and what are you asking for them?

thanks
anthony

·
Banned
347 Posts
Heres a pix of your chain adjusters and GP lifters. For some reason Champ used a 7MM bolt head to bolt lifters to adjusters. Most people will not have that size tool. So I tightened em down for ya. Its definitley 7MM as I have a set of SAE and metric allens and none would fit. You can get them at a Auto Zone, 7 bucks, but that saves you the 7 bucks.

Will ship out tomorrow, already boxed up and labeled.

JJ

Attachments

·
Banned
347 Posts
The box of Titanium bolts I collected over the years.

Look at the pix for sizes and quanities.

They fit the lower triple clamp, upper triple, switch assemblys, engine covers, sprocket nuts, and various other applications for Kawasaki's.

$120.00 shipped.

I will be removing them from the plastic box and shipping in an envelope and therefore will ship worldwide.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Heres a pix of your chain adjusters and GP lifters. For some reason Champ used a 7MM bolt head to bolt lifters to adjusters. Most people will not have that size tool. So I tightened em down for ya. Its definitley 7MM as I have a set of SAE and metric allens and none would fit. You can get them at a Auto Zone, 7 bucks, but that saves you the 7 bucks.

Will ship out tomorrow, already boxed up and labeled.

JJ
thanks, tools are deffinantly not a problem as i have over 80,000 invested in snap on and matco tools. i will let you know when they show up. i will go ahead and send you the 120 for the bolts as well so you can just send them all at once :) would be nice if you could put each type into its own bag and label them like what you have on your case so i dont have to sift though them id appreciate it.

thanks
anthony

·
Banned
347 Posts
thanks, tools are deffinantly not a problem as i have over 80,000 invested in snap on and matco tools. i will let you know when they show up. i will go ahead and send you the 120 for the bolts as well so you can just send them all at once :) would be nice if you could put each type into its own bag and label them like what you have on your case so i dont have to sift though them id appreciate it.

thanks
anthony

Boy do I have sellers remorse on the Titanium bolts, already.

I sent you an email. They will go out Friday with your chain adjusters and GP lifters. You will love the sprocket nuts. They weigh nothing and are pre-drilled for saftey wire if your into that kind of things. The rest of the bolts are NOT drilled. Titanium doesn't rust like the stock sprocket nuts do either. I spent years collecting those bolts buying a few here, a few there. They are all Manson Titanium. Very HI qaulity, not like the junk Yoyodyne sells.

I will leave them in the plastic box they are shown in the photos and combine that with your chain adjusters and GP lifters in the same box. I was only going to take them out of the box to make it easier to mail but since I am alreay sending you a box anyway, nada problem.

I hope we haven't broke any forum rules, buying / selling in this thread, wasn't my intent if we did. I will re-read the rules.. So many different forums and so many different rules, hard to keep up. 1000RR.net veeeeeerrrrrry picky.

What was it "Cool Hand Luke said about rules?" :confused:

Thanks for buying my items, I really appreciate YOU!

KW

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
received the stuff today. looks great. gives me soomthing else to do on the off season.

Boy do I have sellers remorse on the Titanium bolts, already.

I sent you an email. They will go out Friday with your chain adjusters and GP lifters. You will love the sprocket nuts. They weigh nothing and are pre-drilled for saftey wire if your into that kind of things. The rest of the bolts are NOT drilled. Titanium doesn't rust like the stock sprocket nuts do either. I spent years collecting those bolts buying a few here, a few there. They are all Manson Titanium. Very HI qaulity, not like the junk Yoyodyne sells.

I will leave them in the plastic box they are shown in the photos and combine that with your chain adjusters and GP lifters in the same box. I was only going to take them out of the box to make it easier to mail but since I am alreay sending you a box anyway, nada problem.

I hope we haven't broke any forum rules, buying / selling in this thread, wasn't my intent if we did. I will re-read the rules.. So many different forums and so many different rules, hard to keep up. 1000RR.net veeeeeerrrrrry picky.

What was it "Cool Hand Luke said about rules?" :confused:

Thanks for buying my items, I really appreciate YOU!

KW

1 - 19 of 19 Posts