Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was time for me to change the oil on the 250r. Bike felt sluggish and gears were not changing easy.
Got 2 quarts of synthetic blend oil, new filter and some coolant to top mine off.
Took bike apart and degreased whole engine area and removed chain lube that dripped all over kick stand and other areas.
1.5hrs and job was done. For a first timer like me it was surprisingly easy job.
While I was waiting for the oil to drip I decided to install some LED bulbs into the cluster and see how it will look. Well here is what it looks like.

LEDs are white in color and since gauges have little blue tint to them it makes it stand out a lot at night. This would look great on blue bikes a can tell lol
The only problem is the turn signal indicator only blinks when you turning right when you turning left your blinkers are one as usual but indicator does not light up. Im guessing this is because LED is directional and halogens are not.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nice, I've always been of the mind that a clean bike is a happy bike.

Does the 250 only have one indicator for the turn signals?

·
Registered
218 Posts
ahh right, I see it in pic 2.

hit up www.superbrightleds.com, they have a bunch of non-polarized LED bulbs that may work. They have a bunch of non-polarized that should fit that socket, something that likely uses a small IC or diodes to send reversed current through the LED in the correct direction. A 360° or a 120° bulb should work fine since you only view the indicator top-down.

If you can't find what you're looking for just ask them, they're really helpful. I sent an email through their site the other evening and got a response early the next morning.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dave for the advice but I think i will just stick halogen back in that spot because it really wont make that much difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts