Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated I changed the oil like normal and I drove it to work which is 2.5 miles away.
I didn’t get to check the oil correctly like I normally do because I was in a rush and I had to fill it to get to work on time. I didn’t think I put that much oil in it but once I got to work I checked The drain plug and oil filter and sure enough I had a leak coming form the left side.
A friend of mine said that there is an overflow that will oil the chain up so that if there is to much oil that it will throw it onto the chain so it isn’t wasted.
How bad was this ? I checked the level now that it’s cooled down and it looks to be within the lines but I would say it didn’t lose a crazy amount of oil. The oil ran down and collect at the bottom of the pan.
There is a hole that it looks like it might have come from there but I can’t find anything online.
So what is going on I will post pictures for reference.
Thank you !

Attachments

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Always follow the manual's recommendations to the last ml when changing the oil.

A guy in this forum blew up his engine because he overfilled it, so more oil is as dangerous or even more dangerous than less or no oil.

You also need to find new friends :grin2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts