Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
-1 Front +2 Rear

The response on the bike, now, is incredible. Taking off was not as excessive as I previously imagined. Taking off, I expected the front end to lift as I gave it more and more gas, but it did not, even when I gave it about 7,000rpms.

My speedo is off by 16% now. I had someone stay at 45 and then 50 mph. Then followed them, and my speedo showed 52mph and 58mph.

My front sprocket was from www.drivesystemsusa.com. Standard 15T Drive Systems sprocket.

My rear sprocket was also from them. It is a Supersprox Stealth 45T Sprocket.

The chain is the RK 520 Green DID O-ring Racing Chain.

edit:
Also, my top speed drop considerably, I used to be able to pull 12k rpm, 5th gear, 154mph. Now, 6th gear, 10k rpm, 134mph. All on the inaccurate speedo. http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0008_gearing/index.html

Pictures!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, it was just a comparison, I think somewhere in the low 150's uncorrected will be my top speed. I'm going to get a speedohealer soon, I hate not knowing how fast I'm going, especially when there are no cars around.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ok well im not trying to start like an argument or anyhting. But im pretty sure the zx6 doesnt top out in 5th gear. And he doesnt have a speedohealer so it wouldnt top out at 154 either. Ive had mine a 174 and i know thats not correct but neither is his 154 speed. I mean i guess we will just have to wait for his response to this.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took it to 154 a month ago, and I remember the rpm and gear that I backed off.

Today, on my way to work, I noticed I was in a higher gear, and slightly lower rpm, and I was going 20 mph slower.

Gear changing from 5th to 6th, you lose about 2,000rpm. So figuring the numbers stay roughly the same, 10k rpm, in 6th, is about 12k in 5th.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Top speed of -1/+2 should be around 140mph, assuming a level road and no headwind.

Of course top speed is very sensitive to things like rider weight, frontal area, incline, wind conditions, etc.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I took it to 154 a month ago, and I remember the rpm and gear that I backed off.

Today, on my way to work, I noticed I was in a higher gear, and slightly lower rpm, and I was going 20 mph slower.

Gear changing from 5th to 6th, you lose about 2,000rpm. So figuring the numbers stay roughly the same, 10k rpm, in 6th, is about 12k in 5th.
When you compute rpm, stock gearing, and stock tire size you get a theoretical mph.
5th at 10k is 102 mph while 6th at 12k is 133 mph. Also the other thing that throws people off is that they are not true with themselves when getting a high speed rpm and mph. The rpm needs to be held constant for a few seconds so you are not accelrating still. The best explanation of this is this. Try and launch very very hard. accelerating all the way through your rpms. when you hit your max rpm look at your mph. Now slowly run through your rpms and look at your mph at redline. It will be way different mph wise.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Ill take a 154 top speed for the better acceleration your going to get by the gearing change! I mean how often are you going 154mph?!?!?!?
A stockish zx6r will not do 154 with -1/+2. More like ~140.

Still much faster then anyone should be doing on public roads, but a big difference nonetheless.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I want the acceleration of a 650r theres wasn't alot of low end grunt when I rode a friends 07 zx6r. How is acceleration when you went -1/+2? Don't really care about top end.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.