Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
-1 Front +2 Rear

The response on the bike, now, is incredible. Taking off was not as excessive as I previously imagined. Taking off, I expected the front end to lift as I gave it more and more gas, but it did not, even when I gave it about 7,000rpms.

My speedo is off by 16% now. I had someone stay at 45 and then 50 mph. Then followed them, and my speedo showed 52mph and 58mph.

My front sprocket was from www.drivesystemsusa.com. Standard 15T Drive Systems sprocket.

My rear sprocket was also from them. It is a Supersprox Stealth 45T Sprocket.

The chain is the RK 520 Green DID O-ring Racing Chain.

edit:
Also, my top speed drop considerably, I used to be able to pull 12k rpm, 5th gear, 154mph. Now, 6th gear, 10k rpm, 134mph. All on the inaccurate speedo. http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0008_gearing/index.html

Pictures!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, it was just a comparison, I think somewhere in the low 150's uncorrected will be my top speed. I'm going to get a speedohealer soon, I hate not knowing how fast I'm going, especially when there are no cars around.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took it to 154 a month ago, and I remember the rpm and gear that I backed off.

Today, on my way to work, I noticed I was in a higher gear, and slightly lower rpm, and I was going 20 mph slower.

Gear changing from 5th to 6th, you lose about 2,000rpm. So figuring the numbers stay roughly the same, 10k rpm, in 6th, is about 12k in 5th.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.