Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just saved myself $45.00 or more and i wanted to share this with you guys...

blue something wanted 45 to upgrade my leds in my cluster,well you can do it yourself and i have some short videos on youtube to help you guys out.

i changed the lcd to red and the gauges to blue and red.i did change the lcd to orange and it was dim so i tried the red and i like that alot better.i was trying to keep eveything the color of the bike,but things changed...
try this link...i have 5 videos on this...any questions just ask

YouTube - zx14 leds cluster change video1

·
Registered
203 Posts
Good work! I did that to my zx6r and it looks awsome..I did a mix of white and blue so it looked like the blue fades to white

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks..
i was gonna do the white,blue and red i just didnt wanna throw the color off too much,i have the special edition which is orange and black..
i did think it was gonna be alot harder then what it was,turned out to be really easy and looks sweet.i saved myself down time and some money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a question tho..
some setups will light both gauges when you hit the redline.i wanted to do this to my cluster but the led is different.
i looked up some leds online and nothing matches.
does anyone know what leds this is and where i can buy some at?

·
Registered
432 Posts
OR you could just have a custom set of faceplates made up at Speed Hut (Gauges, Custom Gauges, Tachometers, Speedometers, Shift Light, Pod). You can get just about any color and font you may want.
I had a set made with KPH and MPH on it so I know what speed I am going when I am in the States as the of canadian bikes only have KPH on the faceplate.

Link to a picture of my gauges. The clarity of the pic doesn't do teh cluster justiice as it is a little blurry due to cell phone pic.
custom gauge photos

1 - 5 of 5 Posts