Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have an 03 zx6r 636 and was thinking about changing the sprocket. I just wanted a minimal change and was thinking about 14 in the front since stock is 15 and 42 in the back since stock is 40, does that seem about right? thanks

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
You'll actually see a pretty strong change with that setup... -1 front is about the equivalent to +3 rear, just to give you an idea.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info.

should i leave the front sprocket alone and just change the back to +3 or +2?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
That is totally up to you... Once you go beyond +2 on the rear though, you're gonna need a new chain as the stocker will be too short. That is why the -1 +2 combo is so popular.

Alsthough, I would strongly suggest changing the sprockets and chain at the same time since bad sprockets will destroy a new chain and vice versa.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just changed the front yesterday on my '05 to a 14 tooth (-1) and I still havent stopped grinning. best 25 bucks ive spent in a long time.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Originally posted by zixxerman
I just changed the front yesterday on my '05 to a 14 tooth (-1) and I still havent stopped grinning. best 25 bucks ive spent in a long time.
im thinking about doing the same to my 04 6rr.... i wanna grin when im hitin the throttle too!

did u change the chains?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.