Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a zx6r and its my first bike i have ever owned and i just wanted to see what you guys use for oil or what oil is the best to put in

·
Registered
151 Posts
my first oil changed i used 10w 40 penzoil el cheapo $2 per quart oil lol works like a charm next oil change ill be going synthetic though :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im sure i did piss someone off but thats ok im just wanting to hear what people use, any word on royal purple?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Watch out for synthetic on your new bike. IF you want to use synthetic, you first have to have a few k's on the bike I believe...

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I switch to full synthetic after 1000 miles (after two oil change) and now have 3000 miles and no problems here.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Change oil? Theres oil in our bikes? oh shit

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
im switching to fully synthetic as soon as i get my bike back from the shop (ive got 3000 miles)

dont put fully synthetic in too early, e.g. before 1000 miles.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by trig
^^^ Likes to pretend he knows what he's talking about...
^^^ Likes to pretend like he has a bike :(

actually im a total nub...i dont know anything

all of my motorcycle knowledge comes from people like trig :D

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I have run BelRay EXP Semi-Synthetic in everything that I own. Personally, I don't have any experience with Royal Purple, all I know is that it is damn expensive. For the first few changes, the kind of oil doesn't matter that much, as it will be changed out sooner than oil that you will use down the road.

--David

As for the jack-offs that said that you "pissed some people off", let them be pissed. This is a forum, come here and ask questions. Ride safe.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Just did my oil today and put in 20w/50 Kawi chem. Its actually a change for me from 10w 40 kawi chem. But its hot as hell here in FL and sitting at lights that sucker gets hot hot hot!

·
Registered
264 Posts
i just changed my oil today and i used kawi chem. i heard you are supposed to use non synthetic for 1500 mile, then if you want switch to a semi synthetic. i read a forum in here somewhere some guy killed his clutch using royal purple. i dont know how much of this is true but i use kawi chem and my bike runs great.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.