Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to lift the front and remove the front wheel for a tire change w/out an official "lift"? The shop gets me for an extra 35 bucks when I take it in for a new front tire. Could the header pipes support the bike via a 2X6 and scissor jack? Suggestions please.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I have heard that the headers will support the weight but I am a little paranoid. I use a couple of bottle jacks to support the front of the bike under the engine case on each side.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Or you could buy the front end stand. I heard the type that lifts from up underneath the triple clamps is excellent for working on your bike, and they don't compress the front suspension at all if you store the bike on it over the winter which might be nice...

For the price of 2 tire changes, you could own that "official lift"...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. I don't go through tires fast enough to justify a lift, I'm gonna try and use the headers, hopefully no horror stories will result;)

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Bah, get a ratchet type strap, the type used to secure loads, and lift it up from the triple clamp. If your garage ceiling doesn't have anything to attach the strap to, use a the branch of a tree or something ;)

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
I see someone lives in the backwoods..[|)]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.