Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I dont have a chatter box, but I have a motorola FRS "talkabout" T5625. It has 14 channels that minimize interference while communicating, with up to a 3.2km operation range, but requires AA batteries, which kinda sucks. They have a headphone jack so that you can listen and talk in your helmet. Pretty cool, but havent really got the headphones yet. Hopefully they have ones that have a button on them instead of pressing the actual radio. Using it for next season with my buddy!:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a Talkabout but it really doesnt work, [xx(]
I tried to use with my friend rider to rider, I couldn't listen anything and
it is not clear. I tried with my wife as a passanger, and nothing at all. :(
I tried with other channel and nothing happend.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Really...???!!! Even with the head set? Are you using them or are you just using the whole radio communicator thing and pushing the button on it?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
The chatterbox is overrated. Expensive, vox sucks, range sucks, speakers suck, mic is too big and sucks. Wanna buy a pair?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did, but not after your review.;) I will keep looking around for some good comm's between rider and passenger.[^]

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had a pair of chatter box's for a week I bought them on ebay straped to my helmet went for a ride be my self and the windnoise and drag I got from it pissed me off I sold them the next week on ebay for $25 more than I paid :D. I don't recomend them.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Originally posted by wheelytech
I had a pair of chatter box's for a week I bought them on ebay straped to my helmet went for a ride be my self and the windnoise and drag I got from it pissed me off I sold them the next week on ebay for $25 more than I paid :D. I don't recomend them.
You must've been riding with your head sideways. I hit ~130 the other day and I couldn't even tell it was there except for the music coming out of it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
me and a friend went to radio shack bout the lil round watch battery looking mic piece...soldered it and placed it in the fabic carfully right on side of where the mouth would be...then....i had a cheap m2r helmet, saved my life after getting hit by car..but b4 that i found that evcen though the padding wasnt removable it had gaps in the padding that looked intresting, so i took a reg pair of heaphones and snapped it in half with each foam ear piece having half a handle attached, then i slowly pushed the sharp broke end of the plasitc headphone in the helmet in between the padding, and after i ushed all the wayyou wouldnt believe, but the eap pieces on both sides fit PERFECTLY over my ear..i mean it was flush!!! then i used telephone str8 cord as my wire...went back to radio shack and got right size jack and wired my mic and headphones...that were now part of the helmet not something that feels weird by sitting on your head With ahelet on top that...but i took all that and made a kick ass mod that works even after i flew like superman in northeast texas..rising a bike i bought the day b4 CASH home to new orleans..asz/hole with no insurance hit me before i even got to shreveport

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.