Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's another one. This one I can vouch for (I got my helmet here):

www.motorcyclecloseouts.com

StrongBad is right. You do get what you pay for. But I wasn't willing to dish out $400-500 for a Snell & DOT certified helmet. A while back I tried to find any differences in *protection* between a $200 and $500 helmet (given they're both Snell and DOT certified). [my thread is in here somewhere - you can search for it.] I couldn't find any differences in protection. Things like quality of liner, quietness, venting, graphics all came into play of course. But I could live with less of those if I felt confident that I wasn't compromising my safety. So, after being a Shoei fan for all my previous years, I switched to KBC. I got the VR-1 from motorcyclecloseouts.com for $130 shipped. Not a bad deal at all.

Anyway, I just thought I'd start this thread because I know that not everyone can afford $1200 Dainese suits, $500 Arai lids, and $120 Kevlar-lined gloves. And although some people on this board think I'm the biggest a$$hole (they have a right to [8D] ), I actually do care enough to want to see other riders wearing the right gear - even if it's "2nd rate" or "cheaper". A pair of $30 gloves or a $140 jacket is much better than none at all.

But do be cautious with helmets - ALWAYS look for Snell & DOT certifications.

Ok, enough of me being a safety-monger. :D

inca jones

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.