Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 21 years old. I own a 2000 ZX6R. I am currently looking for a new insurance company. Right now I am with Am. Fam. and they charge me 120/month for full coverage. They JUST changed it so that I have to pay yearly instaed of monthly, and I just don't have the cash to swing it. I either find cheap insurance somewhere, or I sell it........:(Anyone PLEASE suggest something? I am open to all suggestions. Thanks much!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, if I WERE to have to sell it (God forbid.....) What would be a decent asking price? Bone stock 2000 Zx6r. No add ons or anything like that. Just a general idea. This really sucks........all because of my age everyone and their DOG laughs at me when I try to get insured. I wish my current insurance co. would pull their head out of their @$$........

·
Registered
448 Posts
Try Markel American, http://www.bike-line.com/, progressive raised my rates $200 bucks this summer (rate restructuring??) and I found this company after some research. Actually ended up $40 cheaper than the previous year with progressive.

·
Registered
266 Posts
120 for full coverage its damn cheap. im 22 and the asking price for full for myself is 350 a month abd i dont have any tickets or accidents. anyways, check progressive

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you have had your license for 3 years AAA is really cheap, if not you have to put a car with them also. They quoted me 560 a year full coverage with a 25+ ticket and an accident. And Im 20 in So Cal.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Try checking with Interstate Insurance as well. I know they provide discounts to people who've passed MSF course. If you haven't done that yet, it might help you save a little $$$ anyway.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I am paying $485 a year for full coverage through Geico. My auto and bike are registered in North Carolina. I am 25, clean record and took the MSF. Good luck!

·
Registered
401 Posts
state farm is supercheap if you can get them. about $400/6 months for the 636. have to have good credit though.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Originally posted by mac
state farm is supercheap if you can get them. about $400/6 months for the 636. have to have good credit though.
State Farm gave me the best quote on my bike. But, in having to switch my car policy over to them as well, I would have lost more money due to the increase in my car premium. So, by paying more for my bike policy with a different company, I actually saved money over State Farm.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I asked my insurance company (Country Insurance, 33, no accidents, no speeds) and was given $270 per year for a 600 sport bike and $420 for a 750cc. I went through the Progressive and Geico web sites and the best price I got (same record and other cars) was $1250. I think your best bet is to keep shopping, and just realize that you're going to get cornholed until you're 25+ and married. If the motorcycle is your only vehicle, you might even find it cheaper to get a $300 beater car from somewhere just to claim it on your insurance as your primary vehicle.

A

·
Registered
9 Posts
I pay about $380 for full coverage per year with progressive (I'm 33 and married). American Family Insurance is where I have 3 auto coverages and my home policy with, and they would not insure my bike. Those fools said I need 5 years of riding experience...how the hell am I suppose to do that if you don't give me coverage. I have no tickets or accidents and I have been with them for 10 years. Does not make sense to me, I am working on moving all my policies to another insurer, because that pissed me off.

·
Registered
631 Posts
california--- my buddy that lives down there pays $78.00 for six months for full coverage. State Farm

Damn texas i pay $74 for one month. Nationwide

·
Registered
158 Posts
USAA's got pretty terrific rates, but I wouldn't recommend enlisting in the military to qualify right now.
When you're young, they just nail you. Your rates will get much better when you get older and probably take a nice dip after you get married.
And if you get a ticket, do whatever you have to fight it or keep it from the prying eyes of your insurance company. Thanks to level-2 traffic school to keep my youthful-indescretions out of my public driving record, at 34, I now pay less than you do per month to insure 3 bikes, a car and a truck.
Old age pays. Just make it there and it's gravy ever-after.
-CCinC

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.