Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought my bike back in july and love it but i keep hearing how the rear suspension on these bikes is just too stiff to get the most out of it during street use.i dont have the cash to buy a Ohlins or anything like that so... i was just wondering if theres any cheaper ways of fixing this problem? i have heard/read you can swap out the 05-06 zx6r stuff but i havent heard much of the results. also been told a 04 zx10r spring will help??? any input will be appreciated.
thanks

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
us "old school" guys have swapped in the 05-06 636 shock and linkage. If you get the linkage as well, its a bolt in. Otherwise the 05/06 shock has a slightly narrower lower mount.

I swapped it out mid day at a track day and thought it was a little more compliant than the KYB on the 98-02's. worth the $50 I paid for it anyway....but I'm just an average shmo at the track. The spring is a little softer too, by how much varies because of simple production variation.

Nice shocks go cheap this time of year on ebay. I have a penske triple in the classifieds....check my signature for the link

·
Registered
54 Posts
If your on a budget, upgrade the rear spring for your proper weight. I went with a Race Tech. You can also send in the shock and get it revalved.

www.racetech.com

·
Registered
58 Posts
you can do one of two things. A. you can go to somebody like racetech or traxxion dynamics and have them either respring it or go one step further and spring and tune it for you. ride height, sag and rebound...... excedra. B. you can go with an elk rear shock. alot cheaper than ohlins or penske. great quality and performance gains. for between 800 and 900 you can get anamazing shock built for your weight with and with out gear sag rebound everything.

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
Excellent, STT finally found us. :D

Welcome to KawiForums! :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts