Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some research and a $11k quote I discovered State Farm was the cheapest insurance for me at $960. But wait, theres a catch, you can only have a motorcycle only policy with them if you haven't had a ticket in the past three years. So its either get car & auto with them or none. I doubt they can beat my insurance with USAA(quote in the works) so dose anyone know a way around this. Also I have tried 3 agents so far. Is there an agent online or a specific agent that you know and can get me my policy anywhere? Or do I need a local agent?

If it isn't possible to get it through them, which is the second cheapest?

I have tried progressive(3k), geico(5k), USAA(progressive agent[5k]), and a few more I can't remember the names of (1 being the 11k one).

Thanks

Info:
20 yrs old
11mph over in 12/06
2006 636
Full coverage, $1000 deductible

·
Registered
11 Posts
From my experience, esurance is the cheapest for individual motorcycles. State Farm though has the best deals if you add a car in etc. They have massive discounts. They quoted me $1,320 a year full coverage for my bike ($500 deductible), car, AND renter's insurance. I do have a spotless record and completed the MSF course though. Age 20.

·
Banned
347 Posts
After some research and a $11k quote I discovered State Farm was the cheapest insurance for me at $960. But wait, theres a catch, you can only have a motorcycle only policy with them if you haven't had a ticket in the past three years. So its either get car & auto with them or none. I doubt they can beat my insurance with USAA(quote in the works) so dose anyone know a way around this. Also I have tried 3 agents so far. Is there an agent online or a specific agent that you know and can get me my policy anywhere? Or do I need a local agent?

If it isn't possible to get it through them, which is the second cheapest?

I have tried progressive(3k), geico(5k), USAA(progressive agent[5k]), and a few more I can't remember the names of (1 being the 11k one).

Thanks

Info:
20 yrs old
11mph over in 12/06
2006 636
Full coverage, $1000 deductible

Have you verified your driving record and that the speeding charge is actually on there? May be, may not. Worth checking if you dont know. Sometimes the DMV's don't always get the charges added. If not, then you have no ticket as far as insurance purposes.

Did you just "pay" the ticket when you got it?

If so, this is why one should always fight tickets. Anything can happen and the ticket may be reduced, converted to a non moving violation, thrown out ect. Your hardly a danger to society for just doing 11 over and the punishment should be no more than the fine.

The moral high ground gang that always believes in "paying up" if you are actually guilty fail to remember all the other punishments that follow, like insurance rates.

JJ

·
Registered
141 Posts
Have you verified your driving record and that the speeding charge is actually on there? May be, may not. Worth checking if you dont know. Sometimes the DMV's don't always get the charges added. If not, then you have no ticket as far as insurance purposes.

If so, this is why one should always fight tickets. Anything can happen and the ticket may be reduced, converted to a non moving violation, thrown out ect. Your hardly a danger to society for just doing 11 over and the punishment should be no more than the fine.

The moral high ground gang that always believes in "paying up" if you are actually guilty fail to remember all the other punishments that follow, like insurance rates.

JJ
Or defensive driving.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ESURANCE

Your Quote* $2147.00 for a 12 month policy

I might just settle for liability at 500-600.

From my experience, esurance is the cheapest for individual motorcycles. State Farm though has the best deals if you add a car in etc. They have massive discounts. They quoted me $1,320 a year full coverage for my bike ($500 deductible), car, AND renter's insurance. I do have a spotless record and completed the MSF course though. Age 20.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

JJ

I was home on christmas from training in the army. So I couldn't fight the ticket.... in person. So I made the cop show up and wrote a letter to the judge. Called "Tried in absence" or something. I ended up having to take defensive driving in AZ and sending the certificate back AND paying for the ticket...

As for it being on my record, State Farm said... "Your driving record shows a 12/22/06 speeding."

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was home on christmas from training in the army. So I couldn't fight the ticket.... in person. So I made the cop show up and wrote a letter to the judge. Called "Tried in absence" or something. I ended up having to take defensive driving in AZ and sending the certificate back AND paying for the ticket...

As for it being on my record, State Farm said... "Your driving record shows a 12/22/06 speeding."
Hmm... I'm in Texas and all my speeding tickets I've taken defensive driving for and no change in insurance prices.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was actually getting a quote at state farm today and I have two speeding tickets in the past two years and I was going for motorcycle insurance only... I think something like that might be agent's discretion. Try calling another state farm agency?

The best insurance varies by location: Im 21 with 2 tickets and SF quoted me $1380 for my state's minimum to insure a 250R! Progressive seems to be my best bet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I pay about 185 a year for full coverage. Granted, I have a Ninja 250 with a spotless record.

Try a quote from Markel American Insurance Company. They insure toys. :)

http://www.markelinsuresfun.com/

·
Registered
25 Posts
I recently got a motorcycle only insurance through state farm. Came out to be a little under 700/yr with $1000 deduct. She told me it would have been around 300+(for the bike) if I would of had a car with them. You might try to see what it will be with your car and bike through them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thought that site was familar....

Thomas, your annual BikelinE rate is... $11,385.00
Yikes! I guess it's more polite than saying "buzz off." :eek:

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Do you have something against having an auto and moto-pickle policy?? (Or do you not have a car??)

**My wife and I just switched to State Farm and could not be happier <--(see what I did there, Kurosaki??) It has only been four months and the agent, his assistant, and everyone in the office that I have spoken with already knows mine and my wife's name when we call.

--David

·
Registered
885 Posts
I was actually getting a quote at state farm today and I have two speeding tickets in the past two years and I was going for motorcycle insurance only... I think something like that might be agent's discretion. Try calling another state farm agency?

The best insurance varies by location: Im 21 with 2 tickets and SF quoted me $1380 for my state's minimum to insure a 250R! Progressive seems to be my best bet.
I am an agent (Allstate) and there is no agents discretion, the guidlines are set by the company. BUT the guidlines can be different from state to state.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Do you have something against having an auto and moto-pickle policy?? (Or do you not have a car??)

**My wife and I just switched to State Farm and could not be happier <--(see what I did there, Kurosaki??) It has only been four months and the agent, his assistant, and everyone in the office that I have spoken with already knows mine and my wife's name when we call.

--David
This is what I have found to be so nice with State Farm. When I call my agents office they are the same, always know who it is... They are great, I would not switch.
** My wife and I could not be happier either :D (I did it too:Laughing rolling:)
I have the '08 pathfinder, house and 2fitty with 'em. I pay 17.50 a month for the lil 2fitty...

·
Registered
48 Posts
state farm is the cheapest and jut get cheaper the longer you have them. i pay around $230 a year at one point in 2003 i had to make a claim on a bike i totaled and my insurance was $550 after that and has droped back down since then. All of my bikes have always had full coverage with them with $500 dedutable

1 - 18 of 18 Posts