Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been looking all over, and I want a Green 06' 636 seat cowl for less than $110 bucks...

Is that possible? I don't want the cheap ebay knock-offs with vents and gay stickers, but I'm not finding a better deal than $110!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
550 Posts
dude you get what you pay for. just pay the 110, its not that much. In my opinion we should send a mass letter to Kawasaki saying they should come with the bike and have everyone sign it or something.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I tried looking also and finally just had to pay up $110 shipped. Maybe you can start a group buy or something.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't see a recent group buy, and I don't think $110 is "getting what you payed for". It's not even fiberglass, it's plastic. Cost of labor = $0, Cost of materials = $0, Final price = $110? They make more profit off these than they do the bikes themselves. Sheesh!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I bought mine for $84 shipped about 4 months ago, in black. It was from a kawi dealer. Trigs already getting accesseries...

--Anthony

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Originally posted by trig
I didn't see a recent group buy, and I don't think $110 is "getting what you payed for". It's not even fiberglass, it's plastic. Cost of labor = $0, Cost of materials = $0, Final price = $110? They make more profit off these than they do the bikes themselves. Sheesh!
Umm. actually, most plastic parts that are injection molded require a significant financial investment at the front end - a hot molding machine costs in the neighborhood of $100,000, and EACH mold can go over $10,000. The actual cost of the raw material (plastic pellets & a small amount of mold release) is negligable, as you say. Of course the cost of Design Engineering, machine operation (operator and electricity), and quality control are not.

So it's not exactly $0...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I have seen more than one person tell the dealer that they want the seat cowl, and if its a good dealer, they will usually give it to you, or give you a good deal. I mean, sometimes dealers throw in helmets, jackets etc, so a seat cowl isnt that big of a deal.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Damn... That's alot of info.
[:+1]

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
If your dealership wants $110 for a seat cowl, let me know.. I have a friend I can talk to and get you the price that I got. It was more like $90 or $95 but that's better than $110. Some people have got theirs even cheaper.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I think I payed around $90 shipped of a GB that was going on back in the day :) It was from ebay seller. You might wanna look for the old GB threads and contact the seller. I'm pretty sure he offered the cowls for that GB price for our members even after the GB was over.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
$101 from 58cycle, free shipping if you order some other needed parts

·
Registered
571 Posts
If I recall correctly Advanced Kawasaki was offering them to KawiForums members for under $90. Call Kevin or Cameron and ask. They are usually your best bet for factory Kawi stuff, and sometimes even for non factory stuff as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.