Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just mainly want the sound/looks of aftermarket exhaust.....but dont want to spend a shit ton of money...ideas?

thanks
alex

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I believe the Yoshi is one of the cheaper brands.

Fuck cheap...get what you like. Life is too short.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Trust me dude, get what you want. Not what is cheap. If you can get what you want for cheap thats good. But settling for something cause it is cheap, you will not like it in the long run. Take it from me. I bought a micron dual outlet for my 05 636. I wanted a full system and I had the money to get it but I got the slip-on cause it was cheaper. In the end, a month later I ended up buying the akra full race system that I wanted in the 1st place and having a slip-on sit in my closet. I sold it eventually in the classified forum but I sold it for $200 bucks cheaper than what I paid for it. I ended up losing money.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have no real plans of putting a full system on my bike....i simply want a slip on to add sound/looks.....everything i have ever owned with a motor has been loud and thats how i like it....granted i dont want a shitty loud....

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know its no good to you, but there is a local mob here in OZ who make their own from slip ons to full systems. Price for a slip on $375 compared to $800. (aussie dollar)

Maybe see if there is a manufacturer or small customiser near you. The small shops (might not be dynotested and everything like the name brands) usually do a really nice job.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
see i like the sound of the jardine but i dont really want a can that small.....im thinkin muzzy or yoshi...anyone know anything about the scorpion exhaust?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Before I ordered the Jardine I was hesistant to purchase it, as I thought it would look weird. Well, I'm glad I bought it, it looks great on my bike.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i just installed a jardine on my brother in laws 06 636 last night and it looks good but not the look i want....also dont want to have the same thing as him since we do have the same bike....just diff colors

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im thinkin either the muzzy or the yosh...i just remembered that i get 15% off any parts that i order through the dealer for a yr....part of the deal when we bought our bikes so i think i will stop in and see what they can get

·
Registered
84 Posts
I find it interesting that you guys are so keen to go for the 'name brands' when some brands you do pay for R&D, whereas a custom job can be a real nice hand crafted piece which isnt mass produced, usually has a better warranty (small shops protect their name) and are different to anything anyone else has got- not just a different name to your mate. Keeping in mind these shops typically have years and years of experience in crafting quality parts...

There must be a different mentality over your way..

·
Registered
156 Posts
Originally posted by cas
I find it interesting that you guys are so keen to go for the 'name brands' when some brands you do pay for R&D, whereas a custom job can be a real nice hand crafted piece which isnt mass produced, usually has a better warranty (small shops protect their name) and are different to anything anyone else has got- not just a different name to your mate. Keeping in mind these shops typically have years and years of experience in crafting quality parts...

There must be a different mentality over your way..
hey cas, Im from QLD but Im over in the States for work atm so I can't use your reference for the custom exhaust job. Just wondering how you went about finding such a shop as this? word of mouth? I think it would be too cool to have a custom good performance pipe (I like breath's too).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Originally found it by chance- just taking a ride through Moss Street (if your from Bris then you know it- revhead heaven)

But after that a few people told me about the place. Word gets around.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.