Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 ninja 650 8k
I just went 14t on the front along with chain and rear sprocket replacement. First 2 engine cycles were normal enough. On the third start up I started getting flashing gear indicator without any reading except when I’m neutral along with a check engine light. My ocd is will not abide. Is there a way to fix this or am I stuck going back to stock?

Also how do you even check codes on these bikes? I’m obviously very new. Second season started today.

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
208 Posts
2017 ninja 650 8k
I just went 14t on the front along with chain and rear sprocket replacement. First 2 engine cycles were normal enough. On the third start up I started getting flashing gear indicator without any reading except when I’m neutral along with a check engine light. My ocd is will not abide. Is there a way to fix this or am I stuck going back to stock?

Also how do you even check codes on these bikes? I’m obviously very new. Second season started today.
Some had a similar issue on here a couple days ago, you probably have the exact same issue, here is the thread:

Still waiting on an outcome but I reckon that as good a place to start as any.

·
Pursebully
38,988 Posts
Keep it civil and on topic fellas. Bickering back and forth does not help anyone. You don't have to agree with each other but there is nothing in the last few posts that helps anyone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can short circuit the clutch switch and then you will never get another CEL. The downside is that you lose the clutch safety switch. This is a common trick for the latest N400 and N650 when changing sprockets. I use it on my own 2017 N650 with +1/-4 sprockets. The gear indicator will randomly come back after some miles or number of restarts. I am fairly certain this is actually an ecu/firmware bug. It only starts complaining on a random gear change, and as far as I know, it can actually affect stock sprockets but much more rare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts