Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on my new exhaust and it sounds great! I have a slight hesitation now when I get on it. Do I need a Power Commander to fix the problem?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would get a PC. Right fuel map will make a big difference. Don't think you can download a fuel map for that exhaust. Last time I was at the dynojet website there was a 2 bros. and a akra map available. Hesitation is probably caused from running too lean when you get on it or certain rpms. I have the akra exhaust with a PC. I can't say I feel hesitation but sometimes it feels like it doesn't wind up quick enough in the low to mid rpm range. Once I get above it, smoother than stock exhaust. Maybe lowering front sprocket to a 16T would make a difference.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They have a low rumble at idle, they sound the best when you throttle them up through the gears. I wish they were a little louder but very happy with them so far.

·
Registered
48 Posts
doood that's awesome, looks great!!! it also makes the bike look mean. I am having a hard time finding the seat cowel for that bike? tell me does the seat cowel just clip in like the rear seat does? and to pull it off you just use your key to unlock it right? I can't wait to get mine and the akra exhaust on my bike!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The new cowl fits on the same as the original one in seconds. The way the bracket is attached is perfect for storing your hat. It fits between the bracket and the cowl to keep it neatly in place.

·
Registered
232 Posts
you gotta get a sound clip of those up...the only thing stoppin me from buying them is that i dont know how they sound...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the blings and pcIII with -1 and +2 sprockets. not experiencing any drivability probs but sheer speeeed! NOt sure of mapping on pc, this is how i bought the bike.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Cobra, you have any backfire when decelerating? I'm thinking of getting a custom map and dyno. The map I have is the one that came with the PC.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.