Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here's my girlfriends little scooter. She is just under 4'11" so there was no way she was able to ride the Ninja 250 I had bought. So the 250 went bye-bye and this is what she ended up with.

A Honda Metropolitan scooter. She rides that thing so proudly one would think she thinks she's on a liter bike. [:p] She really digs that little scooter. So I told her I'd post her a pic.

OK, the Metro tops out at 35 MPH. 50cc and 2 horsepower. Automatic with electric start. It's all about the torque baby!

We went and looked a Debri replica bikes, which are 50cc sport bikes, but she still wasn't tall enough for the Debri, but she was able to balance the weight. Which was somewhat the opposite problem from the 250. Even if the Ninja 250 had been low enough, she never would have been able to balance the weight, she's too petite. So while it was light enough, the Derbi was a no-go based on ride height.

She doesn't like crusiers (Do you blame her?) so we are still in search for something that has the right seat height/weight combination for her. Even the Buell Blast was too tall with the adjustable seat.

At the Derbi shop they did have a few Italian scooters in the 75cc-80cc range that might be her next step up.

Here's the pic. You guys be nice. LOL

-Flash

·
Registered
233 Posts
BTW , did they have one of those Honda Ruckus scooters, those look pretty sweet too. Tell your girl she's got a nice ride, even if it is a Honda. jk

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't recall the Ruckus.

She'll love the compliments you guys. I already took some pics of her posing on my bike, she's camera shy and won't let me post them yet.

Soon I hope.

She really liked the look and weight of the Derbi. I was pretty bummed when it was too tall for her. I really wanted her to have something that she could ride on bigger streets.

-Flash

·
Registered
239 Posts
gwyneth paltrow rides a scooter too. its nice to see more women on two wheels.:)

...i'm jealous; look at all of the extra storage compared to ours.

·
Registered
159 Posts
now thats a 7-11 runner if i ever saw one' perfict for that fast trip to 7-11 .cool little thing!

have you raced her yet :D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
aaw, that's so cute, with the front tires pointing at each other and all.[:M121]

Platform shoes, man, if they're high enough she'd be able to reach the ground and balance the bike:D j/k

That is a very[/] nice looking scooter though, and I normally don't like them at all.[:M86]

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
i had an RS50. everybody's head turns on that. but there's no power, so all it has is style. heres a few pics:

ok i can't post any pics. what's up with the server?

"An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator."

[?]

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Try the Moto Guzzi Breva 750. They make it with a low seat and it's a very well built bike with a nice standard bike feel. I'd definitely say it's a good bike for shorter riders. I can touch flat footed with the low seat and that's just amazing since I have a less than 30" inseam. Not many bikes out there for us short people.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No I have not raced her. Yet.

Before I sold the Ninja 250, when we would ride I'd ride the 250 and she'd ride the scooter. It was easier to go slow on the 250 than the 6r. LOL. Made is easier for us to ride at the same pace.

Now if we are out I just ride real slow (6r heats up fast as low speeds though) and she rides at her own pace and evn though she is a little ways behind me she pretty much keeps up.

I ride the scooter from time to time up the street to a neighbors house. Sometimes when turning the bars the bar hits my knee. LOL.

We have been looking at Malaguti scooters amongst a few others. Malaguti has some cool looking scooters, including a Ben Bostrom edition, but again we have to watch the seat height and weight.

Even though it is a small cruiser (shudder) I offered her to try a Suzuki GZ250 with a 27 inch seat and it's narrower than a Buell Blast. But, the GZ250 ws the same weight as the Ninja 250, which for her was too heavy. At least the weight on a GX250 would sit lower than the Ninja 250, so maybe that would be a start.

Never heard of the Breva Ken, but will look that up also. Every little bit helps. She said she'd give anything to be 3-5 inches taller.

-Flash

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.