Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANDY, I wouldn't want to try this in my bike. It may be a decent oil but there is no way it can be better than the mobil 1 or amsoil or other brand name synthetic. All mechanics I know only trust the major brand names. Consistancy maybe?

luv2surf
2003 636 blk

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I'm not going to change to this oil until I get some people actual recommend it....so far I haven't heard much about it.

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Seen the adds too Andy but no one I know has ever known anybody who's running it in their ride. If it's too good to be true.......

"It's not the size of the Gun but the caliber of the Bullet that makes the biggest hole!" -SDF

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Any try this oil

http://www.royalpurple.com/rpmor/rpmor.shtml

I see the commercials on Speed Channel all the time. Suppose to give a 5% HP boost.

That's a bold claim for an oil. to good to be true? Anyone run it?

I would like to check it out, my bike is done with breakin. I just wonder if there are any negative side effects. I mean if the oil was as good as they say it is on the comercial, you'd think everyone would be using it right?

·
Registered
315 Posts
some stock car racers around here all swear by the shit. its really expensive. maybe not the best for the kind of engines we have, though.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
their website says it's fine for motorcycles and it wont void your warrenty

im just really surpirsed how performance oriented us bike riders are and yet no one has tried this yet...

·
Registered
28 Posts
My friends have Gsxr's and thats all they run in them. I have the Royal Purple trans oil in my S10 and I know alot of off road people, and drag racers use it too. Thats what I plan on running in my 6R after the break-in is over. But one thing you need to think about is that it says that it gives a 5% hp boost, but put fresh oil in anything and you will notice a hp gain on the first run just my 2 cents anyway.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
There's only 1 real way to find out if its claims are true.

Take your bike and run it on a Dyno just the way it is.
Change the oil in the bike with a fresh batch of what you are currently running in it, plus a new filter. Run the bike on the dyno again.
Change the oil and filter this time with the Royal Purple, and do a third dyno test.

Just from doing the first oil change, you will see an improvement in the dyno results going from used oil to fresh oil, probably about 5%. That's usually where oil companies can make their claims about imreases in hp just by changing the oil in your engine.

Now, if the bike makes more hp after changing from fresh oil to Royal Purple, you let me know, and I'll send you my Amsoil to test, also. If one oil makes more hp than another, I'll consider switching permenantly.

BC.

I didn't do it, I swear.
And even if I did, what makes you think I would admit it to you?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Total B.S. right up there with K&N claims. Swithching to synthetic oil is worth about a 1% hp increase according to some reputable engine builders. I wouldn't trust the product of an outfit making unsubstantiated claims.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I remember reading an article in Sport Compact Car that tested the veracity of Royal Purples's claim that their oil alone could increase horsepower. They dynoed the car before and after the oil change and believe it or not, a honda civic picked up about 1.8-2 horsepower immediately after using Royal Purple. Now i'm not sure if that was the average pickup after a couple runs, or after a single run.

If it's the former, it's not saying much; when i had my corvette dynoed, i scored 2 rwhp higher on my last run. Typically car second or third dyno is higher after all the gunk and crap has been blown out of the engine.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I know this has been asked a million times but I can't find it. I am getting ready to do an oil chanf I have 4K on my machine I hear conflicting stories about Auto oil and bike oil what do you think I should use in my bike?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Joep411-

Use whatever will make you sleep better at night. If you think the bike needs bike specific oil, and have no problems shelling out $5 per quart, go ahead and use it.

If you think that car oil and bike oil are mostly the same, and one isn't any better than the other in the long run, then go ahead and use car intended oils.

I just use Amsoil High Performance Synthetic 10W-40 oil in my bike.
BC.

I didn't do it, I swear.
And even if I did, what makes you think I would admit it to you?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.