Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this was by buddies bike he bought about 3 weeks ago. yesterday we went for a ride and got home about 10:00pm. about 11 or so his neighbor starts bangin on his door tellin him his bike is on fire. the fire report concluded that it was definitely electrical considering they were shocked twice. the fire started an hr after the bike was off. he took the bike back to suzuki and they were saying they did not know what they can do because they did not know how many times the bike had been started. my buddy was pissed:(. i told him he should have gotten a kawi. but now there is no one in my town i like ridding wit.[V]

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
How many times the bike had been started? What the hell does that have to do with a faulty electrical system?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I honestly think maybe he pissed someone off on the road and they followed him back and lit his bike up. I mean, unless there's something on the bike that'll sustain a spark/fire from within the subframe, there's no way an electrical prob could've done that. The battery maybe, but to light up the whole back end with a sustained fire...not likely.

·
Registered
103 Posts
yeah I could see maybe arc welding a couple pieces of metal together, but that would take a hell of a lot more current than that battery is putting out I'd say. There isn't anything in the rear of the bike to burn other than the tire, either. If the tire caught fire, it'd burn for a while.

·
Registered
276 Posts
That really sux... Get a lawyer to put pressure on the dealer or contact Suzuki HQ...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Did he fart? My friend burned up his gixxer when he ate chili. Serioiusly though, that sucks. Will insurance cover if dealership doesn't come through?

·
Registered
60 Posts
you should tell your buddy to put his bike on the news. people do that stuff here all the time. then the dealers or the store look bad and the people get what they asked. it's worth a shot

·
Registered
277 Posts
I had no idea that those zuki's could even do a burnout...much less that big of one.....:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i talked to him he said it was the battery. after the firefighters put it out once he had to call them again because it was about to start up again. he also said that the firemen were shocked twice touching the bike. he does have insurance but i think that the dealer should cover it.

·
Powerhungry
38,158 Posts
suzuki has an even worse warranty than kawi. from what i hear, all services MUST be done at an authorized shop. no DYI. change your own oil, and they find out, warranty VOID.
but damn..what kind of battery they putting in those things??

did it have a "self repairing frame welder":D a few errant sparks..and poof!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.