Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
130...that's all he got up to? Weak...... :D

On a side note if the CHP actualy did try and hit him he should have just let them and then sued.

·
Registered
763 Posts
could of been a number of reasons he stopped.... gas, common sense, etc

just goes to show you that you may be able to out run the cop your trying to get away from, but you can never out run the radio or the copters.

i was actually rooting for him tho :D

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
wow, in my parts youd get your ass beat down by the cops after that. well handled CHP[:M11]

·
Registered
997 Posts
The guy in the chopper was like a race commentator.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ill give him one thing. He did better at "running" then most. He would slow for the intersections and watch traffic. Most chases Ive seen the person just flat out runs full speed till he wrecks.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I think the way he stopped, his body language, and probably whatever he said to the cop kept him from gettingthe "beat down". He was a VERY coperative, calm subject and the officer didn't instigate anything. Good job on both parts. (except for running in the first place)

·
Registered
460 Posts
I was waiting for hit to eat it. I guess there will be an R6 in the upcoming auction. :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
I like the one part at the end where the female newscaster says, "And he was wearing a helmet and gloves while going 130mph, very strange." or something to that effect...that lady is a [:Squid]

lol

G

·
Originally posted by talios
I like the one part at the end where the female newscaster says, "And he was wearing a helmet and gloves while going 130mph, very strange." or something to that effect...that lady is a [:Squid]

lol
lol stupid non-bikers

·
Registered
966 Posts
Originally posted by stylin97<br>could of been a number of reasons he stopped.... gas, common sense, etc

just goes to show you that you may be able to out run the cop your trying to get away from, but you can never out run the radio or the copters.

i was actually rooting for him tho :D

The choppers will only do 140mph. i know an retired air support (LA County Helicopter pilot), and he said that the top speed of the helicopter is 140mph. That, and helicopters take a long time to turn around, and have a very large blind spot, and can't fly in certain places. So, he could've gotten away from it, or outrun it, however you want to say it, but maybe he just ran out of gas. Either way, it happens all the time out here.

EDIT: he should've taken Little Tujunga and boned out. Plus, the news helicopter said they didn't know if they would be able to keep up with him or not...motorcycles stop and accelerate faster than helicopters...oh and if you are in LA and want to run, all LAPD/CHP air support is grounded from 4:00am-6:00am everyday to eliminate pilot fatigue...they are on call though, but they are grounded from the downtown location...a lot of guys run to LAX when they are getting chased by helicopters, because the helicopters can't go into LAX airspace. Never ran myself, but thought you guys might want to know.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.