Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a set of Checkered Flag Stands for my ZX9R, and have a question about the front stand. Since I haven't received my stands yet, I was wondering about the depth of the peg for the front stand.

I realize they use a peg that goes into the bottom of the fork to pick the front end up, and I was wondering if this peg is too long to prohibit removal of the front axle for front wheel removal. I would assume it's not, and once I get my I will be able to answer my own question, but wanted verification before I received my stand. I figure if the peg is too long, it would be resting on the axle, making it very difficult to remove and re-install the axle.

I know several people have these stands, so hopefully someone will be able to answe my question.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The peg is approx 1/2 inch, maybe just under. I am not sure if you can remove the front axle or not, as I have not tried. The stands work great though. Very easy to use, once you figure it out lol. I was making it a lot harder than it is. The rear handles on the zzr make it very easy to hold the bike upright while putting it up on the rear stand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they are a 1/2" long, then that most likely means the pegs are most likely resting on the axle, which I assume would prevent removing the front wheel. I measured the depth of the hole, and it's only about 3/8" deep.

Hopefully someone here can provide additional information about this

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.