Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I go out this morning trying to get my new knee pucks down. No luck. I'm doing circles in a parking lot, hanging off and going faster. I can't get passed that fear of leaning more and trusting the tires. All I can think of is that M.C. Hammer song (Can't Touch This) over and over. My pucks are laughing at me. What a PU$$Y.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
So I go out this morning trying to get my new knee pucks down. No luck. I'm doing circles in a parking lot, hanging off and going faster. I can't get passed that fear of leaning more and trusting the tires. All I can think of is that M.C. Hammer song (Can't Touch This) over and over. My pucks are laughing at me. What a PU$$Y.
How long have you been riding? The last thing you need is to drop your bike and scatch that little puppy up just so you can say you touched your knee to the ground. It not only comes with time, it comes best on a track.

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Newsflash: getting your knee on the ground does not mean you are a fast or even a good rider.

·
Kawi for Life!
1,610 Posts
Newsflash: getting your knee on the ground does not mean you are a fast or even a good rider.
:plusone: i know a tracky who rarely touches but that dude is fast on the track. He gets low but keeps his body in real tight. dont push your luck and try and force something... you can always belt sand them a little to make it look legit:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Give it some time and don't practice doing circles, you will end up dropping your bike if you do. If you really want to get better I would suggest finding one turn and learn on it. Don't try and ride past your skill. You will notice that every time, you will take the turn better and more confidently.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
explain why it is you want to touch the ground with your knees in a parking lot??? :confused:

... and your pucks are not the only ones laughing. :Laughing rolling:

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
who's got the vid of the old guy at the dragon hauling ass thru the curves that doesn't even slide over on the bike.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
after years of trying, the best piece of advice I can offer;

stop trying.

I wasn't as hard out to get my knee down like you, but on the fast twisties in the country (and there's lots of them here) and on the track, I was hell bent on just trying to do it. I was braking coming up behind people who had their knee down, and I was no where near the floor. So after the last track session before lunch and still brand new 2yr old sliders, I just gave up. Decided to concentrate on lines instead (I was before, but the knee-down thing was a distraction), and one day it'll just happen. So I went out, so not bothered about getting my knee down any more since I was already quicker than some who were down all over the place, and picked a few corners to work hard at, over and over and over. Then it just happened. Without trying, I got my knee down every corner after that, literally 3 or 4 laps into the first session after lunch where I told everyone I was pissed off and really just going to give up trying.

So, my advice - give up. It'll happen when it happens, and until then, just work on your lines in and out of corners (road and track), and this will make you a faster better rider, then one day, when it's time, it'll just happen.

my 2¢

1 - 9 of 9 Posts