Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting some Metzeler Sportec M-3s for my 01 ZX-6R I am brand new to riding and motorcycles but the reviews and descriptions I read about this tire sound very good. I don't want a super soft track type tire, even if it is streetable. I want something with somewhat decent wear, but I mostly want something that will perform well. By that I mean I want the best possible traction for a daily driver type of situation in a semi-wet warm climate. And unfortunately I do have budget constraints! I've seen these tires for about $106 front and $136 rear.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions, good places to buy from etc. I would appreciate some input. If you have these tires, please tell me how you've liked them.

Sizing: I'm assuming that I take the stock dimensions in the manual and just match those (120/65/17 front, 180/55/17 rear) is there anything else I need to look at?

Thanks in advance.
DG

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dragknt,
Thanks! You answered everything I wanted to know! I was thinking of installing them myself... but that seems like it's going to be more of a hassle than it's worth, especially if I can get a good deal from a local shop. Thanks again for taking the time.

I'll be honest I didn't use the search tool, but not completely out of laziness. I just haven't had much luck with it, it doesn't give results the way I'm used to doing searches, I'm sure I'll get better at it with time. Also, since I'm new to the scene and site I don't know all the jargon to use, so the searches aren't as helpful....

DG

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.