Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering what you guys would recommend me to put on my christmass list this year...(as in the for the bike)

My bike is completely stock as of now...so this would be the first mod... Also i need a new rear tire...the bike has just under 4,000 miles...Here is the problem. the Magical number is/aprox $100.00 bucks...so it cant be anything too crazy.

Here is what i would like i guess but i would like some others point of view, from what they have done and the order they did it in...

No particualer order....
1) Double Bubble windscreen (although i dont know if i really need it just want one i guess as in im a small guy)
2) Rear Hugger (would like Carbon Fiber, and i think thats out of the price limit)
3) a Pair of Riding/racing Boots that are not "work boots" like Sidi boots or somthing
4) Integrated front blinkers
5) a rear stand
6) Integrated rear
7) Fender Kit/ with license light
8) New rear tire or a front to match a good(as in PowerPolits or somthing) rear tire
9) New gloves(dont really need)
10) Frame sliders
11) New Helmet (dont really need)

Or any other suggestions are welcome...also...if you recommend me somthing and its out of the price range...i would be willing to pay the difference....

Thanks!

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
If 100 is the max you can probably take helmet, rear Pilot Powers (maybe front) and racing boots off the list. Cheapest "quality" helmets I've seen are around $200, PP rears run for I'd say $150 and quality racing boots are in the mid 100s.

My personal taste would be either front signals, integrated rear or fender kit. You could definitely do both CA front flush mounts and fender kit for $100. Integrated rear will set you back about $100 or so.

The order I did it was:
1) Front
2) Integrated Rear
3) Seat Cowl
4) Fender Eliminator

Once I started I couldn't stop :D

Then again...are you winterizing your bike? If so then front and rear stands become #1 and #2. You can't leave the bike on the ground over the winter unless you plan on replacing your tires next Spring.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I just did my list today, my limit is 200 but heres what I have on my list.

1) XT Lap Timer
2) Galfer Steel Braided Front Break Lines
3) A* Back Protector
4) Stomp Grip
5) Puig Racing Sreen - clear

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
rear stand

i would go with the rear stand first, since you stated that you need to replace the tire, if you pull the wheel off you rbike your self and take it to have it chainged, it will save you $20-$30, sonce the shops charge you to pull the wheel off the bike. so if you get a stand and just take you wheel in, you wont be charged that, then you can use that extra $20 for what ever you want. just like free money baby. plus it makes it so much easier to lube the chain, and do all sorts of mods and maint.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys....definatly taking it all in consideration...and i think i am going to go with the rear stand. Now i just have to figure out which one. My brother has a really nice one. that has 3 coaster(wheels) on the bottom, so that when you have the bike on the stand, you can still move it around. unfortanly i think he got his from Australia and was in the 200+ with shipping. If i cant get the stand, ill be asking for some frame sliders for sure or the integrated front blinkers.

I also forgot to put the rear seat cowl, that would be nice.

Once again, thanks!

·
Registered
306 Posts
i like the vortex stand and its a good price dont forget u gotta buy the swingarm spools[}:)]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.