Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a bike in the NY area, and I feel I have exhausted all my options. Are there any other places besides buylines.com, newsday.com, and this site to find used motorcycles for sale?

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I like cycletrader.com (traderonline.com) as well. You could also check the local shops to see if they have a bulliten board for bikes "for sale by owner" as well.

-Flash

·
Registered
337 Posts
i prefer cycle trader magazine. For some reason, the searches I do on their website don't seem to work as well as just looking in the magazine.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, i've been checking everything and i think i may have found a bike on sportbike.ws. It's a 1999 CBR900RR only a few miles from my house.

There are a lot of scams out there. I have found many good bikes that were for sale, but their owners were in a different country and could not show me the bike. They wanted the money and then they'd ship the bike. Do I look stupid?

Thanks, everyone. If you find a better site please let me know.

·
Registered
337 Posts
RR's are nice bikes. I love mine! But they are not know for being exceptionally torquey, so if that's important to you, you had better drive it before you buy it. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How comfortable would you say it is? It has to be better then a 2000-2004 GSXR750, which really isn't that comfortable at all. I think comfort is more important to me then torque, but well see.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Originally posted by mvrk1

i prefer cycle trader magazine. For some reason, the searches I do on their website don't seem to work as well as just looking in the magazine.
i've found the same thing. no bikes will come up except dealers bikes. so it seems like theres no bikes for sale in your area then you pick up a cycletrader mag and there's loads that didn't come up on the internet, aren't all bikes that go in the mags supposed to come up on the web?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.