Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nice job on the bike! Looks good. Maybe the fender eliminator from fenderkit.com will complete it! I have mine on order along with the exhaust.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Fender Eliminator

Rear Seat Cowl

Remove passanger pegs

Remove reflectors (take the screws from your rear turn signals and insert them into where the reflectors were)

can I ask why you didn't get blue Euro turn signals? also, i woulda gonna with a blue integrated tail light (i did actually...) but its more expensive

o yea....and take that octane warning sticker off please :D:D

these are just my suggestions. its what ive done to my bike so far...some pics of mine to give you an idea of what it looks like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/FightingFalcon/DSC00031.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/FightingFalcon/DSC00015.jpg

im gettin my fender eliminator kit in a few days from fenderkit.com

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Remove reflectors (take the screws from your rear turn signals and insert them into where the reflectors were)
Great tip, I'll be doing that.
can I ask why you didn't get blue Euro turn signals?
Yellow seems to be the normal color for turning signals.

Rear Seat Cowl
Where the heck do you get a blue rear seat cowl? My dealership can't get me one.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by rainking1978

Where the heck do you get a blue rear seat cowl? My dealership can't get me one.
I remember a lot of people complaining about not being able to find rear seat cowls. I'm not sure what the problem is cause 58cycle.com shipped it to me right away.

http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/kaw seat cowl 636 05.htm

The only bad part is that its $100. If you wanna shop around eBay you can maybe find one for less but I chose to pay more money and avoid any headaches.

Just select Blue 2006 (make sure its Blue 2006 and not Blue 2005) and order. The assembly is really easy, don't let that worry you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The bike looks good man!

Oh, and ROK sends you a $50 kawi gift certificate if you send in proof of completing the MSF course. Knocks the cost of the seat cowl down to $50. :D

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Originally posted by dopbaggins
"Remove passanger pegs"

haha i would never do that, I like staggered wheelies 2 much, at least keep the left passenger on [8D]
They also help out in the event of wrecking, and act like a slider.

·
Registered
871 Posts
If you want your front turn signals to be a lot brighter get a set of Sylvania SilverStars. Much brighter and also have a blue tint to them but you probably wont notice the blue through the yellow. Add some wax like the karate kid and your bike will look like my 05

·
28,939 Posts
looks good... had problems getting inspected this year in pa, due to the integrated tail-light. AMA website says signals arent required in PA but the dealer said the signals had to be at least 9" apart. I went down the road to a harley shop and they check the brakes, and made sure the lights worked and slapped a sticker on.

and +1 on the silverstar bulbs... made a BIG difference in the brightness, and since i have the blue lenses they look better too!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also rainking, did that plate mount come with the akra?
No. I had to purchase that separate.

Hoser - Bike looks good. Where did you get that Kawasaki sticker on the bottom fairing?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, and ROK sends you a $50 kawi gift certificate if you send in proof of completing the MSF course. Knocks the cost of the seat cowl down to $50.
Who is ROK and how do you go abouts doing this? I just took my MSF course, finally.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
rainking...

i don't think you'll have too much of an issue with inspection, but you gotta keep an eye out for DOT approved signals and all...there's tons out there that are street legal, but even more that aren't. i doubt it'll be a big deal

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.