Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gals!! I have a (used to be) white mesh jacket... I have tried wiping it down with a sponge and hot water, but it is not getting it clean...
I was wondering if any of you brilliant ladies could share some ideas!
Thanks so much!! :D
God bless!
Heather

·
Registered
463 Posts
Not trying to be a smart ass, but does it still have the label for cleaning? Can you remove your pads? If so, just toss it in the wash on gentle cycle in one of those 'lingerie' bags. Good luck!

NOTE: HAVE YOU TAKEN PICTURES FOR THE CALENDAR?! IF NOT TAKE SOME AND TURN THEM IN TO MARSHMALLOW!

·
Registered
84 Posts
What brand is it? I have a powertrip and an icon mesh, i tried the sponging and i even tried scrubbing them with a toothbrush and stain stick, i finally just put stain stick all over them then ran them in the gentle cycle, twice. i hung them to dry. They are not damaged at all and look a lot better. don't forget to take the pads out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:( Just kidding!! No offense taken! The label states to wash it with a non abrasive sponge, warm water, and light detergent.. all of which i have tried...
It's a fieldsheer mesh... my armor is removeable, I may just end up washing it, it is good to know that it didn't deform yours or anything! :D
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
What colour is it? I have a white Ixon Strada and I use NapiSan (No idea what the American's call this) and soak for a few hours. Then Vinegar and Biocarbonate Soda to get out the summer smell (Ew). Then it's a wash with detergant by hand to get out the hard stains. Comes up looking like new!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is white also... I am thinking of taking my armor out and trying to wash it on gentle cycle.... and then air dry it.... maybe just maybe!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just throw mine in the wash. I have the Joe Rocket and have washed it numerous times regular cycle and no issues. I hang it to dry though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.