Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, as you all my know, that I'm fairly new to bikes and I've always wanted to know how to clean my bike REALLY well. I'm a Marine and of the 2 bikes I've had so far (6R and the ZR-7) I never feel like I can get my bike real clean and highly maintained due to my lack of knowledge of what to do and what harms what.

So far I have about 6 cans/bottles of stuff to clean my bike including: Simple green (for overall basic cleaning of my bike), WD40 for lube of rust trouble area (but I'm still not sure if I'm getting all of them or effectively cleaning them), Kawachem (it says for glass and plastics), compressed air (for those hard to reach places where dust gathers), Maxima Sythetic chain lube, and Armorall (for seats)

But I always have the feeling like I'm not doing it right or I'm missing stuff. My chain spits up all this white looking crap all over the rear end of my bike and it makes it extremely hard to clean. I feel like I should take my bike to a power washer, but I'm scared I'll do more harm than good. Anyone have any good ideas on getting my 02 6R really clean?

Edited by - Marine on 09/28/2002 03:15:18

·
Registered
778 Posts
All you need is Honda Spray Polish / Cleaner... Cleans everything... When you lube your chain make sure its HOT HOT HOT so that the lube sets it... Let is set for a while go for a short ride and let it set again...

I used to get all junk all over too, someone told me to do it this way and I haven't see any gunk yet =)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.