Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there, i've just recently come back from a 600 mile round trip and am in the process of giving my bike a good clean up, i've noticed (even before the 600 mile trip) that the black fairing panels, especially on the rear seat and the plastic tank cover part... seem to get alot of random scratches that come from god knows where!

it's not like i even touch those parts when i ride so i dunno how it's coming up with these very light scratches.

anyways!, is there a way to reduce/fix the scratching and leave my bike looking a nice shiney brand new colour?

it already looks pretty brand new and awesome at the moment, but i'm turning into a bit of a perfectionist with this bike... [:0]

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
One word, "PLEXUS"
Comes from the aviation industry, not sure if it's in the UK, but it's sick shit, protects, takes out swirls, and is anti-static.
Can use on plastic panels, lowers, helmets, rims, almost anything even the tank.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Plexus is nice but if you can't get that then I would use *cough* honda polish on it. Thats all I have ever used...besides plexus (I get it for free cause I work in the aviation field) even when I did work at the dealership, we used Honda polish.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dude, get used to the black color. I share your grief every day! If my bike is not covered immediately after being washed it is dirty! Scratching is VERY easily noticed in black. I too have discovered "new" scratches that i had not seen before. This is the reason I did not buy another black car when i changed my old one.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I haven't noticed these scratches. I'm wondering what you guys use to wash and dry your bikes? A regular cloth will usually leave tiny scratches until you wax it again. I use only microfiber cloths.

·
Registered
134 Posts
To dry stuff I use only american made 100% cotton towels with all seams and tags removed....

That and I dry stuff ONLY moving my hand and the towel in the direction your eye would travel on the panel if you were to look at it.

·
Registered
763 Posts
how does plexus compare to honda polish for those that have used both?

i have 3 cans of honda polish and really like it, but want to know if plexus is even better?

·
Registered
27 Posts
If I remember correctly when my section SGT was explaining plexus to me.....and I quote "it seems to fill the scratches in so the sun doesn't create a glare and rain will flow smoothly off with the wind created by the rotors or foreword flight", I have used both on my black bike and plexus does do a better job but I would only go out and buy it if I had the bike in a show, otherwise I would use the Honda polish. I am always looking for a quick clean cause I would rather ride then spend time cleaning.

·
Registered
478 Posts
funny i thought it meant honda polish as in ......... i just honda polished ur azz in a race or something ?/butt anyways i give it a try . blk bike freaking gets dirty, dusty quick

·
Registered
757 Posts
Car soap and pressure washer. Chamois and air gun to dry. Protect-all to polish (works better than Plexus). Buffer to buff out scratches, when needed. Oh, yeah, bike is black.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I use Plexus...works great (slippery as hell though!) If you wipe your tank down with it ****DO NOT DO TANK WHEELIES**** my buddy did, and he almost ate shit...it was funny as hell to see though.

If you want to get out the little swirls / hairline scratches, then use McGuiars (sp?) Scratch X or Nu Finish (bright ass orange bottle)you can get these at Target...I used it on my black '05 honda 6rr (before i crashed it)and it worked wonders!

HAPPY CLEANING...!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Gary what name do they call Plexus at your work? Im in aviation also and might be able to find a lose bottle laying around work somewhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.