Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Yup exactly the same noise on exactly the same bike :) I'm using EBC HH sintered pads with new EBC prolite discs.

When the new discs were fitted, I got the shop to clean the pistons on the calipers as they were binding which also created a little noise.

Since I took the bike on the trackday & used the brakes hard, I rarely hear the noise now.

Si

·
Registered
64 Posts
Help required!

When I slow down naturally rather than under braking, I can hear a clicking noise that slows with the speed of the bike, I thought it might be something stuck to the wheel, I discovered it disapeared when I put the front brake on slightly. I took it to the garage who told me it is the Front Brake pads catching and this does happen with aftermarket brake pads, the only way to cure it is to use genuine pads which aren't as good as aftermarket (his words) This isn't the garage that sold me the bike so they have no 'interests' that could make them tell porkies. They say it is nothing to worry about but I wondered if anyone else on here has the same noise?

The bike is a G2.

Jay

http://www.bikepics.freewebspace.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.