Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else experiance this and is it normal?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I hear it on my 03 as well. It seems to be the norm.

·
Registered
401 Posts
mine does it under hard braking, I read somewhere that its the chain moving up and down ????

·
Registered
308 Posts
Mine clicks as well, usually under hard braking. Also, have any of you experienced the bike popping out of gear? I could have sworn that once or twice, when I was slowing down suddenly, I'd hear a click sound, and it felt like the bike changed gears. I was in 3rd, and when I geared down, only one click to first. Maybe I'm crazy...I usually only hear the clicking under hard braking, when going over a slight bump in the road.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
"I usually only hear the clicking under hard braking, when going over a slight bump in the road."

steering stem bearings my friend....

or make sure your brake calipers are tight, maybe the are loose....

·
Registered
333 Posts
Guys
If you remember I posted a while back[zx6r.com]about my bike
being repaired after an off,Aust$2700, and on the ride home the front calipers fell off. There was a clicking sound everytime I used the brakes cause the bolts were only hand tight ![xx(] so please check all the brake bolts as you dont need to have what happened to me happen to you..

mfzx6r [}:)]

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
that musta been slightly freaky having no front brakes all of a sudden[:0]
did ya know they came off while u were riding?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I had that uneasy feeling they might be just hanging there.
Stopped by using the rear. Both calipers just hanging there.[B)] What would have happened if they got caught in the wheel ??

mfzx6r

·
Registered
24 Posts
I hear the clicking when I pull away from a stop light. 1 loud click then consecutive clicks but not as loud as the first. Does anyone think that this could be a gear problem? or could it be a chain problem? pleae someone help me cuz Im very concerned. dont have a car. bike only mod of transport. thanks guys.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My '04 did that when I braked hard or when doing a stoppie.Then I changed my compression and rebound settings on the front forks and did'nt hear the sound anymore.Who knows?

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
I hear the clicking when I pull away from a stop light. 1 loud click then consecutive clicks but not as loud as the first. Does anyone think that this could be a gear problem? or could it be a chain problem? pleae someone help me cuz Im very concerned. dont have a car. bike only mod of transport. thanks guys.
:D

I have the same problem!! ;)

Does your bike go faster and faster after every click mine does! :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
Originally posted by ZX6RRNewbie
:D

I have the same problem!! ;)

Does your bike go faster and faster after every click mine does! :D

I seem to have this problem even when I had my Suzuki.....after every click, everything in my mirrors just shrinks to nothing.[:eek:)]

·
Registered
444 Posts
Originally posted by alphasparky
I seem to get a little click from somewhere in the front end when I give the front brake a quick jab, hmmmmm
mine does it too every RARE once in a while (I've only heard it maybe 3 times)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.