Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, hi

First of all, I like to say that I'm new here on forums. But riding sence 2005.

So I just wanted to share my project of my Ninja 650 MY 2017.
Its a KRT but made it black, and have just added some clip ons. Rised 1 and lowered forks = 3.5cm (1.3 inches) and I think it looks/feels pretty nice.

So cheers!!! 馃槑馃弽

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Hello again!

Here is some update.
My steering damper.

I have mixed bracket from z650 and fork mount from a cbr 650, because they have the same 41mm forks.

Cheers !

Registered
2008 Kawasaki ER6N
Hello, hi

First of all, I like to say that I'm new here on forums. But riding sence 2005.

So I just wanted to share my project of my Ninja 650 MY 2017.
Its a KRT but made it black, and have just added some clip ons. Rised 1 and lowered forks = 3.5cm (1.3 inches) and I think it looks/feels pretty nice.

So cheers!!! 馃槑馃弽 View attachment 138337
View attachment 138338 View attachment 138339 View attachment 138340 View attachment 138341
Made an account just to compliment your Ninja, absolutely beautiful!

Registered
Hello. Cool bike! I have a 650 KRT from 2017 myself, and I've considered buying some clip ons to get a bit more agressive seating position. For obvious reasons it's not just plug and play on this bike, so I was wondering how you made it fit?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Hello. Cool bike! I have a 650 KRT from 2017 myself, and I've considered buying some clip ons to get a bit more agressive seating position. For obvious reasons it's not just plug and play on this bike, so I was wondering how you made it fit?
Hello,

Ofc you have to make some adjustments. Not hard but I would recommend to buy clip-ons that are raised or get sv650 org. clipons so you dont hade to lower your bike to much.

Best regards / Robin

Registered
Hello,

Ofc you have to make some adjustments. Not hard but I would recommend to buy clip-ons that are raised or get sv650 org. clipons so you dont hade to lower your bike to much.

Best regards / Robin
Thanks for the reply!
Have you noticed any instability after lowering the forks? And would you say a mechanical newbie could do this?

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply!
Have you noticed any instability after lowering the forks? And would you say a mechanical newbie could do this?
Its no problem if you are newbie but just becareful if you are going p氓 lower your bike, hook it safe from the air. Or if you buying the sv650 clipons, I guessing that you should install it without lowering and you can have the clipons under the top-crown. That is what I should have done if I could do it all over again.

Registered
Its no problem if you are newbie but just becareful if you are going p氓 lower your bike, hook it safe from the air. Or if you buying the sv650 clipons, I guessing that you should install it without lowering and you can have the clipons under the top-crown. That is what I should have done if I could do it all over again.
Thanks for the suggestion!
But are you sure the clip ons won't be touching the fairing if the SV650 clip ons are installed under the top crown without lowering the forks?

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the suggestion!
But are you sure the clip ons won't be touching the fairing if the SV650 clip ons are installed under the top crown without lowering the forks?
I'm not sure, but my thought is that you should not have to lower, because the clipons from sv650 is more front of the forks positions and up, then mine is on top and just a little on front. But you will have to make the calculation yourself. Cant help you with that. But I would have tested that for myself is I hade to do it again.

Best regards / Robin

Ps. Let me now if it works for u. And pictures

1 - 12 of 12 Posts