Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the clip-ons be moved to the top of the triple trees for a more upright position and easier reach for a short rider (my wife)? Anyone done this?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
471 Posts
NO.
There is no fork for them to attach to....you will have to buy bar risers...i think they are called gen-mar...check the back of a bike mag...or ebay under ducati...duc owners do this mod alot to make it easier on the wrists.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Yes you could if you drop the triple way down like a drag bike, but you don't want to be doing that.

·
Registered
605 Posts
You would only have to lower the triple clamp the thickness of the clipon bracket which is what? 5/8 to 3/4"? Maybe an inch?

If done in conjunction with lowering the bike using lowering links (1 1/4" setting), shouldn't this be ok if not doing overly aggresive riding?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Depending on the size of the tube. There is a easy way to do this. I know from experience the 01 zx9r handles bars will work for a 46mm tube( 1998 zx6r). As long as the fork tubes are the same size. The stock clipons bolt on under the triple clamp but the bars are above the triple clamp. I did the reverse i took these off and mounted more agressive bars under the clamps. Try. buykawasaki.com look in the parts diagrams for this bike to fully understand. Then call local bike scrap yards, or ebay to located the zx9r clipons.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Run a search on google for Heli Bars, they make a couple of different kits that raise the clip-ons an inch or two. You have 50mm fork tubes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.