Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so I am a bit shakey and pissed right now!! just got home from work, and on my way I'm going through this intersection, as I enter the intersection (i'm in the left lane of the two lanes) here comes grandma making a left on red...what the fuck man...I hit both brakes and slow as much as I can, a truck is coming up on my right, I have no where to go...I am right in between this dumb bitch and the truck coming up on my right...the truck slows down cause he sees what's happening thank god..I'm laying on my horn and this dumb bitch just keeps on going...I mean I am right next to her...no way she can't see me. so I kept the bike from sliding and didn't hit either the grandma or the truck. Got in front of the grandma and gave her the finger, she slows down and gets behind all the traffic in the right lane so I can't yell at her. Man, sorry for the long post but I am a little freaked out right now...this was my closest to a crash yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,642 Posts
Glad you're okay!

Happens all the time. :(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,529 Posts
I hear ya man, old people cause as many bike accidents as squids. Glad you made it out alive.

That kind of situation is why I never ride next to another vehicle at the same speed. I always pass them as quickly as I can. It probably looks like I'm being an asshole and speeding, but I consider it riding safely. Gotta leave youself a way out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
875 Posts
Glad you're ok.

I always slow down through intersections and check ppl everywhere I can see. I don't trust red lights or stop signs.
 

·
Where is hoser??
Joined
·
17,340 Posts
Shoulda hit her. People that can't drive piss me off.

--David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
glad u made it out ok man. I've had that happen to me only it wasn't a grandma it was a little punk in TransAm and I atleast got to bitch slap him.
 

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
Joined
·
8,507 Posts
I know the situation, but just for my brain's sake...where was this truck coming from that he could have hit you? Were you going straight through the intersection or turning? The illustration confused me. :/

Good job keeping your wits and getting out of the situation, though, either way. Stuff like that makes me want to go find an old arcade emulator and play Road Rash. =)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by dragknt
I know the situation, but just for my brain's sake...where was this truck coming from that he could have hit you? Were you going straight through the intersection or turning? The illustration confused me. :/

Good job keeping your wits and getting out of the situation, though, either way. Stuff like that makes me want to go find an old arcade emulator and play Road Rash. =)
Okay, hope this makes sense lol.I was in the left lane (going straight) of a four lane road (two lanes going each direction) the truck was passing me in the right lane as I was entering the intersection, then grandma starts her left forcing me to the center of the road between her car and the truck. I think the truck and I saw it about the same time, and I was able to move over into his lane pretty quickly(as he hit the brakes)..but damn it seemed like a long time when it was happening if that makes sense lol. Thanks for all the posts guys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
ive had someone turn in front of me before also....Had both brakes locked up doing about 30. Let go of the front brake when i got some massive headshake. Kept it on 2 the whole time also. Talk about shook up.
 

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
Joined
·
4,215 Posts
Glad you came through unscathed, trash-man! Get used to that kind of thing... in 37 years of riding, I've only seen that shit get worse.
 

·
Got lime? I do
Joined
·
16,736 Posts
shit like that happens to me bout everyday. i hardly even get mad over it anymore.

glad u didn't freak out and wad it up.
 

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
Joined
·
8,507 Posts
Originally posted by trashmonkey



Okay, hope this makes sense lol.I was in the left lane (going straight) of a four lane road (two lanes going each direction) the truck was passing me in the right lane as I was entering the intersection, then grandma starts her left forcing me to the center of the road between her car and the truck. I think the truck and I saw it about the same time, and I was able to move over into his lane pretty quickly(as he hit the brakes)..but damn it seemed like a long time when it was happening if that makes sense lol. Thanks for all the posts guys!
Makes perfect sense. =)

On the way to work today I saw this old lady, maybe 70's, in a Camry with her little fru-fru poodle on her lap all dressed up in fancy poodle clothes or whatever, and the dog was jumping around in her face and licking her and stuff, and she was paying more attention coddling the dog and kissing it back than she was to driving, swerving all over the place...man, it really irritated me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
what's the big deal about the camry man? why'd you hafta bring toyota into the mix? i drive one of those bad boys!:D

as far as the accident, that shit happens all the time. good job with the defensive riding though! you have to pretend you're invisible on the road, cause to just about everybody, you are. try using the right lane and roll parallel to another vehicle if more than one lane is available. it sounds kinda bad, but if something like that happens, you can use the vehicle on your left as a shield in that situation. people in a car are a lot better off than somebody on a motorcycle if something like that arises ya know?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by dragknt



Makes perfect sense. =)

On the way to work today I saw this old lady, maybe 70's, in a Camry with her little fru-fru poodle on her lap all dressed up in fancy poodle clothes or whatever, and the dog was jumping around in her face and licking her and stuff, and she was paying more attention coddling the dog and kissing it back than she was to driving, swerving all over the place...man, it really irritated me.

Now that is not a good way to die...killed by an old woman and her poodle. God please don't let me go out like that LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
I've had a lot of of experiences like this here in N.Y., it seems like most people hate on us for having bikes. Some are truly accidents but most are malicious assholes that are jealous of us. I play with locking my back tire up alot to get used to the feeling in case I have to do it in any situation,
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top