Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

The other day when my friend and I were out riding, my cluster started to cut in and out. It seems like everytime I hit a bump, give it full throttle or switch gears it cuts out. It's driving me nuts!! I tore apart the bike today looking for a loose connector or something like that but nothing! It did however lessen the frequency of it happening. Who knows? I'm still baffled as to what it can be. Has this happened to anyone else? Can anyone offer me any advice on how to fix this without having to bring it to the ripoff artist shop? Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Sounds like a connection is gettting loose or a short developing somewhere.

I would remove the windscreen and detach the cluster from the mounting bracket but leave the wiring harness plugged it. Turn the bike on and then try moving/shaking/pulling farious parts of the wiring while leaving the rest secure and/or moving the cluster to see if you can determine where the short is.

Sounds like you may have sorta done that already. But that's what i would do.

Another idea is do you know anyone else that has a 6r? You could swap out your cluster for the cluster off the other bike. Then go for a short ride and see if it cuts out. If it doesn't cut out, you know it's your cluster, if it does cut out, you know it's your wiring.

Good luck,

-Flash

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. I did just about everything you said except swap out clusters. I'll have to find someone and try that. I'd really, really hate to take it to the idiots at the shop. Thanks again thou!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.