Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else have this problem? when i pull in the clutch lever you can see its frayed. its to the point now where only half the cable is left. i need to replace it but im not sure why it happened.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Incorrect adjustment OR bad lever installation.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
time to replace it
with the next one make sure your slack in the cable is per book, as well spraying frequently that part of it with chain lube or cable lube helps a lot, it's just a spot where cable touches the lever mechanism.
another spot that gets like that is the throttle cable at the throttle bodies, just the way it's designed there's a little spot touching metal there as well.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my slack is perfect with play in the lever before any tension. i installed the pazzo levers with no problems. i also have been lubing the cable. it doesnt look like there is anything catching either. maybe i just got a defective cable? i dunno.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
mine was like this at around 6k miles. the cable strands began to snap and i kid you not, i was riding to the dealership with only one strand, i was really lucky to make it there.
i got it replaced free since the bike was under warranty so if your bike is the same bring it to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mine was like this at around 6k miles. the cable strands began to snap and i kid you not, i was riding to the dealership with only one strand, i was really lucky to make it there.
i got it replaced free since the bike was under warranty so if your bike is the same bring it to the dealer.
yeah but i wasnt sure theyd cover it because i put on pazzo levers. i have like 5500 miles i think.

·
Powerhungry
38,386 Posts
yeah but i wasnt sure theyd cover it because i put on pazzo levers. i have like 5500 miles i think.
if its not caused by the levers..
swap the stockers back on, and take it in.

if it IS caused by the levers...swap the stockers back on..and dont use the pazzos....
and replace the cable...
in the meantime contact pazzo about the cable....

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i sold the stock levers. i might ride over to the dealer tonight.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
ah..well...

good luck...even if the levers arent causing a problem..having them on there will prob be an issue...
Pazzo's for 19600km so far and no issues with them. I don't think it'll be the levers.

·
Powerhungry
38,386 Posts
ah..well...

good luck...even if the levers arent causing a problem..having them on there will prob be an issue...
Pazzo's for 19600km so far and no issues with them. I don't think it'll be the levers.
gotcha. i was meaning a problem..as far as them replacing the cable under warranty.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
That is true...

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so i took it to cycle world and they said they have never seen that before with only 5000 miles. they said kawasaki wont cover it because i didnt have my service records even though i did them all myself no proof. im gonna try another local dealer. got my air filter out drying now though just cleaned it and need to reoil.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts