Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I installed the sport bars a bit back I managed to strip the inside of clutch lever holder. I ordered another one and decided to try to install it. Well I couldn't get the 2 tiny screws off that connect the wires. I pretty much said screw it and would try another day since it was 130am. Well I had an issue getting the clutch cable back on to the lever holder like there wasn't enough slack. When I first did this on the install it was easy to pull it out. I got it back on and went for a ride. My clutch catches ALOT farther now like almost to the point where fully engaged is the lever fully out. It used to be pretty much engaged is the halfway point. So my question is, is there a howto on loosening the clutch cable or something of the sorts? It's actually scaring me since I can't take off like I normally do and when I shift it pretty much jerks the bike.

Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
If it's not engaging until the lever is nearly fully released, be careful. Your clutch cable may be too tight, preventing your clutch from engaging completely. It could be slipping whether you notice it or not.

Get some slack into that cable bu turning in the barrel adjuster, like the PDF linked above states. The first few mm of throw should feel like there's little to no tension on the lever. This lets you know the cable is relaxed when the lever is fully released, which means the clutch has fully engaged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts