Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started riding the bike, bought it used, a 2010 only 1700 miles and the clutch cable snapped today. Any good sites to buy a new cable and advice on what i can do to get more than 1700 miles out of the next cable?

i saw bike bandit has it in stock, any other good places or are they ok?

· Registered
401 Posts
Yep I had it happened once, just keep it nice and maintained and you should be fine. I replaced mine and now about 6k later I'm still so far so gravy.

· Premium Member
15,847 Posts
bueno, thanks. Is replacing the cable as straightfoward as it seems? I'm fairly mechanically inclined but i dont have much experience wrenching on bikes with this being my first one.
Yep, it's fairly easy to do. The most important part of the installation is adjusting it properly afterwards.

;)

· Registered
6 Posts
Hey Guiltyspark. I have a 2009 ninja 250 and my clutch cable just snapped today. Have you fixed yours yet? was the process easy? What i did is got the manual and read about the cluth cables, but i'm kinda hesitating to do it myself (install the new cable). I know you have to take down the right lower fairing first which i did, but what about the cable itself and the adjusting part.. i heard you need to adjust from both sides ( the cable at the lever and at the bottom where the engine is at ) was that pain in the ass to take apart? Thanks Danny

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.