Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to replace the LH engine cover on my bike because I scratched it. Has anyone done this? What does it invovle?

Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
the left hand engine cover is not the clutch cover. but if you're sure it's the clutch cover, i've done it before. last week. easy stuff. drain oil, disconnect the clutch cable, remove clutch shaft, unbolt clutch cover, install new one (with everything included) and gasket, reinsert clutch shaft, reconnect clutch cable, new oil/filter. you're good to go. need more help, pm me.

·
Registered
463 Posts
you would be better off just buying the carbon cover for it...thats what i did :)

edit: it comes with a cover for the other side as well

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Just some fyi, if you leave the bike on the kick stand you do not have to drain the oil to remove the clutch cover as it will not lose much oil at all.

To replace the cover is very simple, just remove bolts and undo the clutch cable, pull the cover off and put the new one and put it all back together.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by drunknboatin
you would be better off just buying the carbon cover for it...thats what i did :)

edit: it comes with a cover for the other side as well
Where did you get the carbon covers from? I can't seem to find them anywhere

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
oppracing.com

·
Registered
463 Posts
yeah oppracing.com i believe i cant really remember i think it might have been on a group buy off this website though so do a search..if you can contact that same guy he will still probably give you a deal if you mention the site and the GB

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i wanted one but heard that they were on back order.... not true?

·
Registered
463 Posts
not when i got mine a few months ago..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.