Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my clutch is going out. Ive searched and found nothing about it so ill ask. Ive been clutching up wheelies for a while know. Ive started to notice that now, when I slip it and let it out the RPMs rise but dont fall, they drop a little and hang until the bike "catches up" It will work fine the first couple of times when I first start, but it goes south after that. Ive got 20000 miles on the bike, 14000 mine, and about 10000 of practicing wheelies.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Have you adjusted the clutch lever free play?
BC.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Like bladecutter said, check the adjustment as that might buy you some time, but with that many miles and that kind of usage, I'd bet it's done. They're quit easy and fairly cheap to replace if you don't have any damage to the basket.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I took it to the shpo today, Its gone. I could have got more miles out of it driving normal, but I got extra cash right now so Im just getting it replaced. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
You don't have to take it to a shop to get them to see if it is worn out. You can tear it completely down and put it back together in 45minutes or less as long as you have a gasket or some gasket maker. You can also replace the clutch yourself. Just have to get the thickness of your clutchpack right.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I probably could do it, I got a manual, but I really dont feel like it so Ill just pay someone to do it for me. Its getting cold and I dont have much time, oplus if it f>>ks up I have a chance that the shpo might fix it again for free

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Well at $70/hour, I would imagine it would take a mechanic 2 hours, or at least that's how much they'd charge you, so probably around $150? That's if you hvae the clutch and need to have it put in. It could cost more, depending on how long it takes him or how busy they are, how much per hour, etc. I really don't think it would ever be more then $225 though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.