Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Just to test the lever. But I do know people that have double stacked fibers on race only turbo bikes. Dont know how it would do for everyday use.
I would not recommend that!! We need to find real problem and not ban-aid it!!! could you get some more deatiled pics or maybe even a vid of it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would not recommend that!! We need to find real problem and not ban-aid it!!! could you get some more deatiled pics or maybe even a vid of it?
Im not saying BAND-AID it .It would actually make it fairly simple to eliminate if it is a stack heighth issue ( You dont even have to crank it. put it in gear and see if the clutch will release). If that fixes it you need to either replace a few steels with thinner ones or replace the fibers. IMO if it still wont work then you need to replace the release lever and the pusher also. That is pretty much all it can be. Unless you left something out. If you replace the pusher make sure you get one for the right year model because they are different for 98-99 and 2000 and up.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
did you ever gget this fixed?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Well, not really. I've been out of town but what I did do b4 I left was measure the fibers in several spots with a digital caliper. Only two seemed to be out of spec. So I replaced the two with same results. I also bought motorcycle oil as I used Shell Rotella on my last change. So today I put it all back together with the old plates cause for some odd reason the two I thought were out of spec both measured at abt 2.62-64 mm. 2.2 is the limit. So I then remeasured all the other plates to see if I mixed 'em up but everything was within spec.

I rode it around the neighborhood & never got past 3rd gear. So I don't know where I am as of yet b/c the slipping was occurring in the higher gears. Working tonite so I test that tomorrow. I did still use the new springs anyway. Didn't measure the old. Will report my findings.

As info, the new plates all measured at 2.9 mm.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well only one of two things could've been wrong. Either my springs had become weak or the oil I was using caused the slipping. I put in abt 2 quarts of motorcycle oil & kept the new springs in. Got out for a stretch & everything felt as it did b4 the problem. Was able to get up to 100 & still pull when I twisted the throttle more. So I'm gonna ride it as is and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
how did you adjust the clutch cable play?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
how did you adjust the clutch cable play?
If you're refering to the problem I had with the shaft not grabbing the pusher, I didn't have that problem with old stuff back in. I got lever and everything works as it should.

I'm gonna keep the new fibers tho & when the time comes probably order thinner steels cause it seems the total "height" of the new fibers & steels were the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys I have a 96 zx600e I just installed a clutch on...my 1st time... I've got everything all back together but when I go to install the clutch case rod I cannot get it to rotate to the proper position... this is the way it faces can someone please help me.
20210501_181441.jpg

21 - 28 of 28 Posts