Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search, couldn't find anything, clutch lever rattles around 8k and up, any suggestions on a fix?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yea, mine does the same... I was cruisin along with my buddy, we stopped for a quick break (Pics in the local canyon) I stated that mine was making a funny vib noise... He told me it was prob the lever... Sure as shit, Now as I ride I just push down on it with my index finger (when it bothers me)... Don't worry, you'll get use to it... or at least I did...

This is a good fix (if you can safely manage) there are alot of mixed feelings, but herres the thread link: http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=87961&highlight=helmet+speakers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya tried tightening bolt, and it didn't help, lever has lots of up and down play, and that is what is making it rattle....and i was hoping there was a fix other then having to lean my fingers on it...

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I figured out why I don't notice the rattling (if mine does indeed rattle). When I ride, I always have my fingers on both the clutch and brake levers. Have been doing this for years on both street and dirt bikes.

(pauses.... as I know I'm gonna get a rash of crap about how I'm not supposed to be covering the levers taught in the MSF course... blah, blah, blah. :p )

gl fixing the rattle.
:)

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
I figured out why I don't notice the rattling (if mine does indeed rattle). When I ride, I always have my fingers on both the clutch and brake levers. Have been doing this for years on both street and dirt bikes.

(pauses.... as I know I'm gonna get a rash of crap about how I'm not supposed to be covering the levers taught in the MSF course... blah, blah, blah. :p )

gl fixing the rattle.
:)
Hey! I only read the first couple of sentences of your post and noticed that you have fingers on both your clutch and brake levers?? In my MSF course they said not to do that! So the one weekend of taking MSF has taught me more than the decades in which you've been riding!

... :D How are things going this evening Kelly?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Hey! I only read the first couple of sentences of your post and noticed that you have fingers on both your clutch and brake levers?? In my MSF course they said not to do that! So the one weekend of taking MSF has taught me more than the decades in which you've been riding!

... :D How are things going this evening Kelly?
pretty quiet... can't even hear my clutch lever rattling. :p

to all others... I am not advocating you ride covering your levers... heaven forbid! :eek: I would never tell you guys how to ride, please don't tell me how to, either. :D

I am a firm believer that the MSF course is a great idea. Please ride as taught in that class.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts