Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i just got this bike today so Im kinda new at this sport bike thing..... I used to ride a honda rebel, when I come up to a red light I usually pull the clutch and downshift all the way to first. Sometimes I would still be going like 25 or 30. I would keep the clutch pulled back while stopping all the way until I would have to start rolling again for the green. NOW.....

When I do this with the 636 I hear noise when I get into first gear and am still rolling around 30/35. When I stop I dont hear it anymore. Any Ideas? is this normal? Another thing.... when I roll up to the light and it turns green I sometimes just take it into second gear skipping first, I get a litte bit of a jolt even with the clutch pulled in and you get that loud clap. Please let me know if im just being anal retentive!! thanks!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Java Joe.... Im acutally not using the first gear to engine break (I dont think) by keeping the clutch pulled back until I come to a complete stop. I was told by some experienced riders to always keep it in first just in case you have to take off to get out of the way while waiting at a red.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.