Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my problem I have been working on the bike and have done a complete tear down of the bike and now it is back together. The bike starts and idles fine but when I put it in gear (yes I have the kick stand up) and let out the clutch it just kills the bike. And if I try to start the bike in first gear with the clutch all the way in I noticed it tries to push the bike forward like the clutch is engaged. Does it sound like an electrical problem or a clutch adjustment problem. Any help would be greatful.

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have messed with this thing and still can't get it to work, is there any electrical thing that could make this happen. Is there a kick stand switch on this bike because I can not find one and I thought there is supposed to be one.

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sounds like the clutch plates have mated or stuck together, used to have this problem if the bike sits too long since the clutch is a wet design and sitting a long time dries the plates . try push starting the bike in 1st, or 2nd gearride the bike slow , pull in the clutch and apply rear brake with the clutch in to break the plates free... if you can start it on the rear stand and give it throttle with the clutch in and apply rear brake it may work also.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Try checking the kickstand SWITCH sometimes they get stuck, and even when you have the kickstand up, it will prevent the bike from working properly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't even seem to have the kick stand switch on the bike whats it look like and I'm guessing it is on the kick stand somewhere. The engine has been sitting over the winter and it might not have been strait up and down could that cause the plates to lock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.