Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i took the 636 out for a spin yesterday and noticed when i got high in the rpm's that the clutch slip, i went out to garage and performed alittle maintence on my bike, decided to check to see how my clutch plates look and noticed my steels had dark spots on them, the steels i bought was KG steels said to made around oem specs ? also the fibers look to be still in good shape and they are Versah, anybody had this problem before, i just replaced the clutch early part of this yr and didnt figure i would burn them up this quick, also could it be from to much tension from the clutch cable down by the cover bc i think i had it to tight at one moment and i let some tension off of it

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
going to go back with oem stock steel plates, hope they work better than the steels i have in there now, i didnt no that they were aluminum, i guess thats the problem there

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
installed steels yesterday and took the bike for a test drive with the new clutch setup and it hooks up great, bike pulls hard thru the 1st 3 gears, now i just need to get to the track and get some runs in guys

·
Registered
151 Posts
all i have ever had luck with are oem clutches...no matter what setup i use they always grab the best and hold up longer. Cycle concepts on psychobike sells a dragpack or something like that and ive heard a lot of people like those. Maybe something to look into?

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all i have ever had luck with are oem clutches...no matter what setup i use they always grab the best and hold up longer. Cycle concepts on psychobike sells a dragpack or something like that and ive heard a lot of people like those. Maybe something to look into?
yeah the only clutch plates going in this baby for now on is either oem, ebc or versah

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
hey guys whats the best fibers to put in, ebc ck series or the ebc src kevlar ones, which will be best for a street /strip bike

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do anybody no if i could add a extra one of my old steels to my clutch pack to keep it from slipping in the higher rpms, if so is it better to add it to the back or where ???

·
Registered
2,760 Posts

I run one of their Drag Packs and thats ALL i will run now. Great performance, and even better price, i leave on the bottle and 60' ,1.42 +/- a bit. before those i had very good luck withe the EBC SRC fibers.

Chris

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I run one of their Drag Packs and thats ALL i will run now. Great performance, and even better price, i leave on the bottle and 60' ,1.42 +/- a bit. before those i had very good luck withe the EBC SRC fibers.

ChriB
glad u spoke highly about the ebc src plates chris bc thats the fibers i installed in my bike yesterday along ebc hd springs with the oem steels

1 - 14 of 14 Posts